What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Infinity grip

ron_nx

I am installing Infinity grip, I am considering installing it streight or in an angle to my right hand - Any suggestions?

Try it!

I'd suggest that you throw in some cushions and sit in the cockpit with the grip loosely on the stick. See how your hand naturally falls. Move the stick through it's range of motion, and see what works for you.

Hint - I think you'll end up putting it at an angle. What angle? Whatever works perfectly for you! This is where the airplane is a custom fit, just the way you like it... :D

Paul

Most definitely at an angle. My Infinity in the -4 is at the angle that my hand naturally falls to. You will really get tired of holding your hand at the angle of the stickgrip if you put it straight!

When you sit in the plane and realize what an angle the stick grip will be at, it will seem like too much, but after flying, it is absolutely natural.

Jeff

Infiniti grip

Angle. Angle. Angle. You won't like it straight-on unless you have an unusually shaped hand. Put the stick straight in front of you with the grip on loose and let your hand determine where the grip should be. Mark it. Then do it again a number of times until you're happy with the feel.

Chris

Last edited:
Infinity Grip

Ron,
Angle for sure.....The first post by Paul is perfect....get in, set it in there and check it out. I have one in the front and back, both on an angle...just remember You will seldom have your hand gripping the Infinity like you do standing outside your RV before you install...at least I harldy do. The controls are so light that your making movements with your fingers and light pressure...."its a beautiful thing" as the saying goes :cool:

Stick grip position

One other consideration is the height of the grip. Obviously you want it to
pass under the instrument panel so you can get full forward movement, BUT
you don't want it too low ! I sit high in my 8 so I get a good view down the
runway when the tail is down. The cooley hat on the top of my grip clears
the bottom of the panel by 1/4" and I can attain full forward throw while
gripping the stick normally. It is in a very comfortable position, angled as
mentioned in previous posts. You can fly comfortably by resting your wrist on
your thigh and moving the stick with fingertip pressure. Mark Cigal N617MC

It's like fitting a shot gun or rifle stock. Grab the grip/stick, close your eyes, wipe out the cockpit, shake it around a bit, let go, open your eyes, nail the puppy down at that angle.

Jekyll

I had mine at a angle and put it straight. It makes more sense to look down to see if it is centered and felt more balanced.
I could fly either way, but found that I was more accurate with it straight. Sounds crazy, but true !!!

Back