What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

wiring question??

olderthandirt

Well Known Member
I have completed wiring of plane with exception of EMS which is done when engine comes, question is where do the wires coming from trim motor hook in, I have them run to panel but do not see where to hook them up..they have pins on them...I even parused wiring diagram but don't see where to hook them.. Dick

AV-50000A Control Module
"Fuselage" D-Sub Connector
Pins
4 Wht/Grn Position
22 Wht/Blu 5 Volts
25 Wht/Org Gnd
31 Wht 12V PWM
32 Wht 12V PWM
There is a 50-50 chance of getting the white wires correct.
They might have to be interchanged if the motor runs backwards.

Looking at the wiring diagram, it looks like there are 5 wires that go into WH-00046 that plugs into AV-50000A Control Module.
WH-00046:
pin 4: wht/grn
pin 22: wht/blu
pin 25: wht/orn
pin 31: wht
pin 32: wht

They must be there (since I got mine hooked up OK) but I can't find them in the KAI, though.

Last edited:
Tomkk and Mich4840,
It appears one of you have the colors associated with pin 4 wrong. I don't have access to the schematics or KAI here at home, so I can't tell which one is wrong.
Alex

Tomkk and Mich4840,
It appears one of you have the colors associated with pin 4 wrong. I don't have access to the schematics or KAI here at home, so I can't tell which one is wrong.
Alex

Ooops, my bad. Pin 4 has wht/grn. Misread the label, sorry ...

Wiring help

Thanks to all who helped, I could not find it in KAI..did see some stuff in wiring diagram Michael Tea gave me..but hard to decipher...I will go out and pull Fuse D-sub and see if I can figure it out from your directions..thanks a bunch

If the white wires are hooked backward, they can be swapped within the Dynon system (I think).

If the white wires are hooked backward, they can be swapped within the Dynon system (I think).

If you are using the autopilot switch module (which enables auto trim), you can configure the trim direction within the Skyview set-up, but you could still have it backwards on the panel trim switch.

First thing should be to get it working in the proper direction when using the manual panel switch, and then configure it in Skyview set-up.

If you are using the autopilot switch module (which enables auto trim), you can configure the trim direction within the Skyview set-up, but you could still have it backwards on the panel trim switch.

First thing should be to get it working in the proper direction when using the manual panel switch, and then configure it in Skyview set-up.

Thanks for clarifying.

Any easy way to check for proper travel is using a 9V battery. It will run trim motors and the flap motor too.

which pin is up and which is down

I wired per all your suggestions, no real big problems...even before I put pins in sockets I tested with drill battery...I had labled white wires which one was up and which was down...but which socket is which...31 up or 32 up...hate to think in end with everything buttoned up I have to disassemble everything to reverse these...or mabe just cut them and splice...pito tube was not long enough to reach engine..I would guess when engine comes there is a answer to this dilemma...I now have fuse/emp on wheels..big deal..Dick

TAB UP goes to Pin 31

Olderthandirt ? I used a 9 volt transistor radio battery to make the check. The wire that made the trim tab move UP when connected to the POSITIVE terminal on the battery is to be labeled trim TAB UP. The other wire will be trim TAB DOWN.

On page 31B-04 of the plans it shows that the now determined trim TAB UP wire goes to pin 31 of the connector. The TAB DOWN wire is connected to pin 32 of the connector.

Happy building,

Back