What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Firewall to Flywheel Distance

steve murray

Well Known Member
I am awaiting my engine and finish kit, trying to figure out how long I can keep the project in my basement. I have a corner to turn when removing the fuselage assemble and not sure if I have enough room to maneuver the corner if I hang the engine? Can some tell me distance from firewall to flywheel?

Thx

Thanks guys, I am going to clamp some 41" long 2x4's to my fuselage and try to drive it around the corner in my basement....hope it fits!

I don't remember if your wheels caster but a couple of either furniture or vehicle dollies from HF may help you make that turn as well. They're both rated for 1000+ lb each and they hold up. I moved my metal lathe that weighs in right at 1000 lb on a couple of the furniture dollies.

I don't know what your personal minimums are for clearing the corner, but as you know the engine is not square. The pilot side forward cylinder is about 9" behind the hub and the passenger side is about 7" behind the hub. That assumes you remove the baffles. Hopefully it is not that tight.

I don't remember if your wheels caster but a couple of either furniture or vehicle dollies from HF may help you make that turn as well. They're both rated for 1000+ lb each and they hold up. I moved my metal lathe that weighs in right at 1000 lb on a couple of the furniture dollies.

Good idea Jacob. My current wheels do not caster (the are from my wheel barrow), some cdolies would greatly facilitate me making the turn.

Steve

Back