What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Safety Wire Size

LuisR

Well Known Member
Safety Wire Size And other Tools....

What size wires are commonly used on the build? Will be ordering Safety wire pliers from Cleaveland Tool and would like to get the wire at the same time.

Need a Torque wrench for in/lb. Already have a ft/lb torque wrench.

Thanks

Last edited:
Most applications use 0.032". Prop bolts typically use 0.041". Smaller hardware use 0.020.

they are the same , just practice so it looks neat, its depends on the skill that's why I say practice

they all do it the sameway, for as much as you will safety wire go with spruce and practice use the money for another tool that might be handier like a center marker for marking the center on parts

they all do it the sameway, for as much as you will safety wire go with spruce and practice use the money for another tool that might be handier like a center marker for marking the center on parts

What do your recommend for center marker? Hate not having tools when I need them. Wonder when I'll need an angle finder? Any other specialty tools I should get not in the typical tool kits?

Thanks

I just use my square to make the center marks and then connect them with a metal yardstick. They don't need to be "exactly" in the center. Oh I can already hear the comments. Anyway the little tool might be a nice to have but not required in my opinion.

never said it was required but did say was nice to have , always good to be on center especially with tanks stops leaks when everything lines up good

I picked up a Park Tools TW-1 0-60 in/lb beam style torque wrench from an eBay seller. I've been quite happy with it; it works fine and is small enough to get into confined spaces. I see they discontinued it, but there are plenty still for sale.

Back