What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Moving to Greensboro North Carolina

joe1968

Well Known Member
HI, I am looking to possible accept a Job in Greensboro, North Carolina and wondered if there are aany fellow RVER's in the area and how is it there to live.

Thanks
Joe Forcucci

Hi Joe,
You will be in RV country here. More RV's than you can count.
The Greensboro, Raleigh, Charlotte area is filled with RV'ers. Come on out to Gold Hill Airpark and say Hello. Also one of our team members, Len Leggette, is a Realtor, in Greensboro, and can help you with all things aviation.
http://www.aviationinthetriad.com/len-leggette/

Thanks you looking forward to it, should be moving mid to end of January. I will know for sure today and will look forward to meeting and talking with everyone.

Thanks Again
Joe

Welcome to GSO

Joe,
I work my day job at the GSO airport and live just south of Winston-Salem on the Twin Lakes Airport (8A7). We have 6 Rv's/and a Rocket there, and as kahuna said, there are plenty in the area. You will love this area for flying, as we have costal and mountains within easy reach. Lots of fun places to fly, and pretty favorable weather as well. Are you moving here to work? I'm sure others will chime in, but let me know if you need some pireps on the area.

Hope you don't mind flying the Confederate flag. I moved there for 1 yr working on GSO airport, then came back north. It didn't help that the Greensboro/ to Charlotte area had a 200yr worse case ice storm that winter, and I was 2 weeks without power (in Highpoint city limits). Lots of golf opportunities if that's your thing. I was doing engineering on the Hondajet proof of concept airplane and really liked that. My wife gave me options and staying wasn't one of them.

HI, I am looking to possible accept a Job in Greensboro, North Carolina and wondered if there are aany fellow RVER's in the area and how is it there to live.

Thanks
Joe Forcucci

Moved from Northern California and have no regrets what so ever. Currently building an RV-14 with a 7 year goal. If you enjoy mountain biking the GSO area has awesome local trails as well as some of the best mountain biking in the country only a few hours away. Not to mention First Flight is only 1-1.5hrs flight time away. A must for every pilot.

As many have said there is a strong RV crowd in the region. Not a flying day goes by that I don't here an RV on the airwaves. Here at 5NC5 our airpark community has 6 RV's flying.

Back