What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where can I buy those little caps?

10builder

Well Known Member
I've planned my switch panel with a couple of spare holes and would like to know where I may find these neat little snap in caps shown on this Cessna panel. Any ideas?

4291l.jpg

Thanks,

Brian

Switch boots

How about here?

Edit: Doh, I didn't read carefully enough! I thought you were looking for the colored boots, not the hole plugs.

mcb

Last edited:
close, but not...

Thanks, but I'm looking for the blank hole covers for when a switch or breaker is removed (or in my case yet to be filled). Not the toggle switch "boots".

The aircraft parts aisle at Ace Hardware or Home Depot should also have hole plugs in various sizes. Unfortunately, they are usually chromed or plastic, which presents some challenges when trying to put a durable finish on them.

The aircraft parts aisle at Ace Hardware or Home Depot should also have hole plugs in various sizes. Unfortunately, they are usually chromed or plastic, which presents some challenges when trying to put a durable finish on them.

I usually lightly sandblast parts like this to give the paint some "tooth" to bite onto.

Back