What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bose A20 Question

Larco

Well Known Member
Looking for people that actually have a A20 Bose and using it along with a 10X Bose through the audio panel or intercom. I just upgraded to the A20 and for everything to work well volume wise, the A20 has to have the volume turned all the way down for the pilot and the 10X has to have the volume all the way up on the pass side. When using the 10X for both pilot and pass the volume setting on them were set close to the same on both 10Xs. It seems like an impedance mismatch maybe but speaking to Bose they say the 20 and the 10 are the same in that respect.
Another point is that there are three of us with the same exact experience with the headsets while using different intercoms, all stereo quality units.

My question is, is there anyone out there experiencing this with their set up? Thanks

I have three Bose sets, 1 - 20 and 2-10. I switch them between two ac and have not noticed any difference between volume levels required. In my SuperCub I have a PMA 8000 and in the RV ,I have an SV-INTERCOM.

Looking for people that actually have a A20 Bose and using it along with a 10X Bose through the audio panel or intercom. I just upgraded to the A20 and for everything to work well volume wise, the A20 has to have the volume turned all the way down for the pilot and the 10X has to have the volume all the way up on the pass side. When using the 10X for both pilot and pass the volume setting on them were set close to the same on both 10Xs. It seems like an impedance mismatch maybe but speaking to Bose they say the 20 and the 10 are the same in that respect.
Another point is that there are three of us with the same exact experience with the headsets while using different intercoms, all stereo quality units.

My question is, is there anyone out there experiencing this with their set up? Thanks

Yes. I have 2 A20s and a X. When the passenger is using the X and I am using my A20, there is a mismatch of some sort...they have to turn their side of intercom up quite high, plus it seems to have an effect on the COM from the 430W, and it's just a pain in the butt. Thinking of buying another A20 to replace the X for guest passengers, because with 2 A20s, there's never a problem and all the audio levels seem matched.

Remember, Bose ships them in mono mode!

Thanks Mark. I will double check tomorrow as I have done dumber things. But 3 of us at the same airport with the same problem? With 1 3000, 1 garmin, 1 9000EX (mine). I don't know

If anyone out there has the same problem please take time to respond. We are just trying to solve a problem if there is one with the headsets. I am posting this with Bose supports blessing and they are looking into it as well. Should hear something next week.

I had the same volume issues with a Lightspeed headset and the A20 too.
I now have 2 A20's.

I have the same issue using an A20 and an X with the Bose X having to be at full in line volume and the A20 in line volume set to minimum so that both sides get equal com volume. Same issue when I had the X and a lightspeed. A call to a level one bose tech a while back did not offer any solutions.

Don Bodnar

Back