What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Old UNISON LASAR system

jacksel

Well Known Member
Does anyone know where you can find new/used/overhauled LASAR magnetos? I just had one go out so I need a 4771. Tried Spruce/Champion/Skygeek, so far no luck? I have the ilder LC-1001-04 controller. Thanks.

Aero Sport Power in Kamloops BC will overhaul, 500 hour... on the Lazar mags. Did mine a year ago and were quick and fair priced!
Tel 1 250 376-2955

It's actually Progressive Air that does the LASAR mags. They are somehow part of AeroSport, but at a different location. They just did my mags a couple of weeks ago. You can contact AeroSport and they will put in touch with the right person. I don't know if they have any used units to sell, but it won't hurt (much) to ask.

Does anyone know where you can find new/used/overhauled LASAR magnetos? I just had one go out so I need a 4771. Tried Spruce/Champion/Skygeek, so far no luck? I have the ilder LC-1001-04 controller. Thanks.

I never heard of this outfit but their website shows they have a 4771 mag in stock.

AeroSport Power / Progressive Air Kamloops BC has serviced LASAR and had parts in the past.

I have a friend with a Lasar system that was working when removed. I'm pretty sure it is a 4771 with the associated electronics. I'm sure he will sell. PM me.

Thank you for all the replies. After much investigation I think I'm going to switch over to the system I installed in my RV-7. Impulse mag for the bottom and LSE plasma 3 for the top. If anyone's interested in a working UNISOM LASAR system (2004), except left mag, including timing light, I'm probably going to put it up for sale.

Back