What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Touch Waypoint Transfer with Pilot

jliltd

Well Known Member
I have created user waypoints in Garmin Pilot on my iPad for a special route. About 15 user points in all. I gave each a unique name that fits it description and created a flight plan with them.

I took my iPad with Pilot to my RV-8 and exported the flight plan into the G3X Touch system and when the acceptance prompt comes up on the GDU it re-names the user waypoints as internal random names rather than with the unique id's I assigned them in Pilot. So instead of the flight plan being "START TURN1 TURN2 BARN HOUSE WAYPOINTU, etc..." the G3X Touch calls the flight plan by it's own name assignments such as "USR000 USR001 USR002 USR003 etc...". So in the G3X flight plan the waypoint names are random and do not reflect their identity so that I can find them easily in the list of user waypoints. I want to find "BARN", not "USR004". I don't know what USR004 is.

Rather than have to spend a lot of time in the airplane renaming user waypoints properly, is there a better way to transfer uniquely id'd user waypoints from Pilot to G3X while keeping their names?

Thanks,

Jim

Back