What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Left Elevator AKZO Priming

Couple things:
1. Keep the spray gun trigger pulled to keep air flowing in between full-pulls that trigger paint flow. The pressure regulator at the gun should be set with air flowing (it will start at a high (compressor setting) and drop off after a couple seconds to the target value). This is why you are blowing parts off the table. (That first puff is probably at 80psi.) i.e. set the regulator at the gun with the trigger pulled to flow air, but not paint. Always half trigger the gun for a couple seconds before triggering paint if you have paused. Keep the air flowing after you paint off the end of the part and re-trigger the paint as you come back in.

2. The cardboard under the mesh is going to rebound paint (and air blasts) onto your parts. It would work better if the mesh is open to the floor.

Man, pneumatic dimpling scares me. One slip and....

Good luck!

Last edited:
I can't see your video (youtube is blocked at the office) but if you are blowing parts off the table I know of one solution. I got it off VAF and it has worked well for me. For painting small parts I make a 2 ft by 1ft frame of scrap 1" x 1/2" and I wire the parts in the frame with safety wire. That way you can prime them and paint them and move them around without having to touch them. Works great.

Did the 30 minute setup time help with disolving the particulates that you were getting in the bottom of the cup?

For painting small parts I make a 2 ft by 1ft frame of scrap 1" x 1/2" and I wire the parts in the frame with safety wire. That way you can prime them and paint them and move them around without having to touch them. Works great.

Great idea!

Did the 30 minute setup time help with disolving the particulates that you were getting in the bottom of the cup?

No the chunks were still there...

ill ease up on the music for ya as well.:eek:

Man, pneumatic dimpling scares me. One slip and....

Yeah, kinda like Sex
One little slip & your in deep ****....:D

No the chunks were still there...

ill ease up on the music for ya as well.:eek:

Haha! I'm blaming you for making me late this morning. .snooze button, check emails, saw your video, next thing I know I'm running out the door trying to make it on time! I like your videos, keep them coming!

Back