What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Some small steps forward...

mkburcar

I'm New Here
In 2011 I purchased most of the major parts of a -3 to -3B conversion from a local gent here in the Western Washington area. Basically this consisted of a set of QB -3B wings, a fuselage built in the early 80's that was most of the way modified to accept the new wings, and various other components like the empennage from the original aircraft.

After several years of moving this project from one corner of the garage to the other, I'm finally starting to bend some medal and take a few small steps forward.

A good friend (with his own RV project in-process) was up last month for an "inspection" and gave me the kick in the rear I needed to moving on this gig. Hopefully with some continued motivation from him and a little support from all you fine folks, I'll keep this thing going.

Over these last several years, I have done a fair amount of research and some planning mostly based on all the great resources provided through this community. Thank you all for your input.

I've setup a blog to track my progress and share some plans on how to get this sweet little bird back in the air!

Dive in, Mark!! I just started on the empennage kit of an RV-9A. I think the trick is to not get overwhelmed by the total scope of the project. Just go a step at a time, work on it every day if possible, and you'll ultimately have a complete aircraft.

Good luck!

Back