What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Terrible FSDO experience in San Diego; Resolved

Bluelabel

Well Known Member
A little story and a few questions to get answers from people who know more than me:)

We finished phase 1 in the 10 and flew it back to San Diego from Neosho, MO 2 weeks ago (cool pics and all that good stuff coming soon!).
I made an appointment at local FSDO here in San Diego to apply for my repaireman's cert. The FSDO is literally 300 feet from my hangar.
During the build, we didn't keep much of any kind of log, we just photographed the heck out of everything including video. I was told my many builders that a photo log would be more than adequate to prove I just spent the last 3 years building this plane.... I built it with my father in law, but I'm the builder of record...many projecs are done by partners, but only one person can get the repaireman's cert....
So, I went in to the office, with all the required info and my iPad full of no less than 2000 pictures and videos, about 300 with me in them, date stamped over the last 3 years... I apparently got the one inspector who ALSO, happened to be training a new guy. He flat out said, "I don't believe you that you built the plane". That the photos could have been faked.... Hmm... I also had him and another FSDO minion claim that experimentals could not even be flown out of Montgomery field... AT ALL.... I'll get to that..
So, he decided that the next course of action would be to come look at the plane and see if he thought I was capable of performing the condition inspection. An hour later they we at my hangar. I was expecting to be answering questions about the plane and the build, which of course I could do since I build the plane and designed everything that was off plans... INSTEAD, they were quizzing me on regs and CFRs regarding condition inspections.. Well, I haven't studied up on all that since I won't need to do it until next year.... Long story shor(ER), they denied me for now, gave me a list of FAR stuff to look up and said to come back once I knew all of that material.
Some other things that this guy said which I have found to be wrong but I also have questions about...

He said you have to have your repaireman's cert to do ANY maintenance on the plane. He got upset because I mentioned that I had opened things up to inspect during phase one, and that I had recently replaced the fuel pumps with bigger ones( a 300hp BPE IO-540 is thirsty). My research showed that ANYONE can do the maintenance on an EAB,and that you only need the cert for the condition inspection...

He said that you can't fly experimentls out of KMYF... Of course you can't do phase 1 there, but he said AT ALL... I know for a fact there's a dozen RVs on the field and at least a dozen more experimentls. I called Jerrimiah Jackson and asked if he's ever heard such a thing and he said no.. He's been flying experimentals out of MYF for 20 years... Anyone ever heard of such stupidity?

Lastly,he said I couldn't fly over ANY populated areas.. My ops lims read pretty much the same as a certified plane."can't fly over a densely populated area or in a congested airway, unless at an altitude high enough to glide to a safe landing without endangering person or property"(paraphrased, but pretty close)... I was always under the impression that after phase one, my plane could do anything a certified plane could excerpt carry passengers or cargo for hire....

Thoughts?

Last edited by a moderator:
i would gather copies of the FAR's that he is wrong about, and schedule a meeting with his boss asking him for clarifications on a few subjects and ask his boss to validate his statements with FAR's and FAA legal clarifications.'

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

Find a different FSDO inspector or better yet a different FSDO. Perhaps the one responsible for the geographic area in which your Phase 1 was completed.

These guys have the power, unfortunately, to make your life absolute he**. Letting them near your airplane is risky. A plane ticket and rental car back to Kansas City FSDO is cheap and easy compared to what these folks could put you through.

Bypass San Diego and talk to the nice and knowledgeable people at the Riverside FSDO

Last edited:
Call a DAR, pay the man. It's worth it.

A DAR can't issue the Repairman's Certificate though - so he has to go to the FSDO.

I agree with fully researching the things that you KNOW (and can prove) that he got wrong, and then goign to his supervisor. ASk them to show you the exact place in the FAR's that say you are wrong - don't just show them your cards first. Then if they can't, you can show them what they need to see.

I had a FSDO inspector tell me that I had to have every instrument listed in 91.205 in order to fly our latest completed project. He showed me his personal copy of the FAR, all highlighted in yellow. WHat he forgot to highlight was the part way up front that says "for an aircraft with a Standard Airworthiness Certificate...." But I did a quick mental calculation, realized that the Skyviews in teh airplane had all that stuff, and I wasn't going to educate him at that meeting. When he brought his subordinate to the airport to do the inspection, I mentioned to HIM that his superior was wrong, and he just smiled and said "we all know that...."

Be polite with the bear, and have a rifle hidden in easy reach.

I got my repairman certificate from the same SD FSDO. I had no problems. They were more concerned with the paperwork being correct. I had my laptop with thousands of photos from my build and the guy looked at them for about 10 seconds. He did look up all of the registration information from their computers and made sure that all of the information matched between the airplane and the repairman application. The paperwork took about 45 minutes before I had my temporary cert.

The person you dealt with definitely needs to be educated about the regulations he is charged with enforcing.

I have never had any problem with FSDO inspectors with three airplanes but it was me, I would ask for a one-on-one meeting with the FSDO manager and explain it as you said here.

Sometimes these supervisors are interested in getting their people straight and if you can discuss it without nasty letters and a shouting match, you might get some satisfaction. Stranger things have happened. :)

The key is: what kind of fellow is the FSDO manager?

Hmmm. Awhile back I commented about this kind of behavior and "someone" on here said I made a "cheap shot". Well, truth is there are a bunch of guys in FSDOS that have their (brains?) in their hands and their overlords let them slide. What gets me is that they all make more than I ever have and WE pay them. I have to know the rules, but they get to just "imagine" them.

I got my repairman certificate from the same SD FSDO. I had no problems. They were more concerned with the paperwork being correct. I had my laptop with thousands of photos from my build and the guy looked at them for about 10 seconds. He did look up all of the registration information from their computers and made sure that all of the information matched between the airplane and the repairman application. The paperwork took about 45 minutes before I had my temporary cert.

The person you dealt with definitely needs to be educated about the regulations he is charged with enforcing.

Same here. And beyond that pretty sure there is no requirement to have a build log or for him to question you. It's you that sign the paper to certify you built 51%, they don't certify that.

Last edited:
FAA

63 years after the founding of EAA, there are still a few in and out of the FAA that just basically hate EAB aircraft.
How I would handle it is to make an appointment with the FSDO Manager. Be polite but firm, that if he/she does not take corrective action in a timely manner that you will make a formal complaint to region, DC and your congress people.
Just one small example- a year or so ago there were FSDO offices that insisted a 406 ELT was required for EAB. They would not budge but quickly changed their opinion when they got a summons from a much higher level.

Thoughts?

Hi John,

It's not worth "winning" the argument when you can simply visit the Midwestern FSDO where someone probably knows Shayne anyway. The local guy may be a fool, but he has a badge, patrols your neighborhood, and we all bust some little rule on every flight.

I would like to see the list of FARs the inspector mandated that you learn. I do aircraft records work in certified corporate 91 & 135 aircraft and have heard some interesting things from the FAA.

Thinking that any part of any government will be competent should not be your default thought. Your results may vary!

This thread touched on something I had been considering. I am about equal distance from two different FSDOs. One seems to be EAB friendly, the other does not (and is the one I am located in). Can I use any FSDO I want or must I use the one in whose district I am located?

It's always remarkable to me how often the problems develop when the root of it is that the FAA troops don't even consider, even for a moment, checking their operating guidance.

In the present situation - at http://fsims.faa.gov/PICDetail.aspx?docId=8900.1,Vol.5,Ch5,Sec5

Once you get the EAB airworthiness certificate, you don't need the Repairman certificate for a year. And, then, only to do the inspection. The single sole privilege of the certificate is to do the inspection. ( http://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-id...386991dc&mc=true&node=se14.2.65_1104&rgn=div8 ).

Do all the maintenance you want, keep maintenance records, observe the letter of operating limitations. When you get to the next "home", call up the FSDO, and have a cup of coffee with a maintenance guy. Have a printed copy of the FSIMS (above) and ask him to walk you through the issuance. You might even have the application with you and I'd imagine he'd sign it on the spot.

I would imagine all of us have hit this FAA wall at one point or another, which brings to mind Will Rogers "...be grateful you don't get all the government you pay for...."

Dan

I once bought a homebuilt that only had 2 hrs on it. Trailered it home & had to get new oplims issued with a test area within my local FSDO's jurisdiction. It wasn't difficult to do, but it did have to be done to be 'legal' while flying off the test time. That was over 20 years ago, so rules may have changed in the interim.

Charlie

Some of these guys always want you to quote the rules. And, to be fair, you should have some idea of what you're supposed to do.
I suggest going back to this guy, and saying, "Oh, I didn't understand the question. I know that I have to follow FAR 43 appendix D in doing the condition inspection. I also understand that I will be authorized to do so for this one airplane, no other." If that doesn't make him happy enough, make an appointment with the FSDO in MO to get this done. Life is too short to argue with some of these guys.

Aside: Five years ago, I emailed a very helpful, but new FSDO inspector (he had previous been a DAR and had issued my A/W certificate) and aked him to ask around about exactly how I should ask for a waiver ("LODA") to give transition training in my RV-10. I included all the paperwork required by the FAA's own Order book. After a short time he replied that he had asked around; no one had heard of such a thing, they didn't think it possible, etc. He asked me if I knew anyone else who had obtained one. I sent him a few N numbers. Two days later he emailed back, "Come on down and sign the paperwork". Point being, if I had had to deal with the older inspectors there it could have been a nightmare. Sometimes you have to politely show them their own rules.

The FAA, especially Flight Standards, is very sensitive to pressure from above -

https://www.faa.gov/about/office_org/headquarters_offices/avs/consistency_standardization/

Having seen the FAA from inside and out, I think your best bet is to respond courteously to the FSDO inspector involved with the facts as you have them. If he still doesn't budge, exercise your right to review under the CSI as far up the chain as you need to - all the way to 800 Independence Ave if that's what it takes - until you get the right answer.

Dave

Last edited:
Any time you are going to deal with the FAA it is best to know what their guidance says. No FAA inspector can possibly know how to do all the things that might come across their desk so they have a knowledge base to draw from.
The guidance for the issuance of a repairman's certificate can be found in the 8900. Volume 5, Chapter 5, Section 5.

Not saying the inspector you encountered is right (since he clearly is not on some points) but if you can get your ducks in a row and show him point by point from the 8900 guidance you shouldn't have a problem. It has been my experience that if I can show the inspector from their own guidance where they are allowed to authorize something, they are more likely to approve it.

You catch more flys with Honey

Your conversation reminds me of frequent interactions I have with Fire Marshals. I would not fight him. Be polite, learn the stuff he asked you to learn, and have coffee and donuts ready when they come back to test you. Don't worry about where he says you can and can not fly the plane - you are asking for a inspection certification, so focus on that. If a day later he sees you flying the plane and wants to start an investigation, then let him go through that process. My guess is that he won't, or he would have gone after the 300 other experimental that have been in and out of there over the last week or two. He is harassing you because he can even if he knows he is wrong. That is the nature of some people. Once you show that you are submissive he will "educate" you some more and then sign you off...

You are correct. That works. Question: Since when is an employer required to be submissive in order to get cooperation from an employee? They're not cops, after all.

I vote for Deek and Dan's advice on post #5 and #15 respectively, as the best advice.

Thanks guys.

I think I have a plan of attack(or two). Speak softly and carry a big stick.... Part of me really wants to show this guy how wrong he is and throw it his face, but the adult in me knows he can be a real pain in my *** If he wants to, so best to do what it takes to get signed off, then go back to being invisible in the eyes of the FAA...

Hi John,

It's not worth "winning" the argument when you can simply visit the Midwestern FSDO where someone probably knows Shayne anyway. The local guy may be a fool, but he has a badge, patrols your neighborhood, and we all bust some little rule on every flight.

Since I've got a year, and will be flying out to visit Shayne and Phyllis often, it's a quick hop in the 10 up to KC, where, you are right, Shayne is kind of a legend...

The real problem

The underlying problem this brings up is the lack of understanding of EAB procedures by some, at some FSDOs. Maybe a concerted effort by local EAA Chapters to 'educate' the FSDO staff about these matters would go a long way to correct this problem. Maybe even a 'Cliff's Notes' of the EAB procedure, written by EAA and reviewed by the FAA, to be distributed to all FSDO staff. It is hard for a local FSDO to argue with procedures approved by higher authority.

Write Jack

Thank you.

To that end I just dropped a letter to Jack Pelton in the mail. I asked him to look into putting together a 'Cliff's Notes' concerning Repairman's Certificates, both for FSDO staff members and builders.

I hope other members of the Forum will do the same. His address:
Mr. Jack J. Pelton
EAA Chairman of the Board
3000 Poberezny Road
Oshkosh, WI 54902

Cheers

Thank you.

To that end I just dropped a letter to Jack Pelton in the mail. I asked him to look into putting together a 'Cliff's Notes' concerning Repairman's Certificates, both for FSDO staff members and builders.

I hope other members of the Forum will do the same. His address:
Mr. Jack J. Pelton
EAA Chairman of the Board
3000 Poberezny Road
Oshkosh, WI 54902

Cheers

Well, I had no idea this post might actually turn into getting some positive change. I was just hoping for some answers and feedback, but hey, I guess this is what happens when enough motivated people see something needing to be fixed...

Nice work!

Is difficulty obtaining a Repairman's Certificate routinely occurring or is it just an exception? One bad experience prompted this thread but is this justification for creating a document that a 'bad' FAA official would probably ignore anyway?

Just asking.

My latest visit to the Bhm FSDO for a Repairman's Certificate took fifteen minutes in the office to complete and the FAA inspector was pleasant to deal with. But I had done my homework and knew precisely what he was going to ask and wanted to look at....and I think he quickly picked up on that. Most of my time was spent filling out a fresh 8610-2 because the inspector wanted the applicant information to match my pilot certificate, not the aircraft registration.

Just wish the process could be accomplished without spending most of a day driving to the FSDO.

Last edited:
Data point

Is difficulty obtaining a Repairman's Certificate routinely occurring or is it just an exception?

I went through the Washington DC FSDO -- no issues getting my repairman's certificate. The process was straight forward but took a little over an hour as the inspector really wanted to put my knowledge to the test to insure I had some clue as to how to conduct the condition inspection and handle routine maintenance tasks.

The process of getting my AWC from this same office, but different inspector, was a total goat rope, but that's another thread.

Agree.

Is difficulty obtaining a Repairman's Certificate routinely occurring or is it just an exception? One bad experience prompted this thread but is this justification for creating a document that a 'bad' FAA official would probably ignore anyway?

Just asking.

My latest visit to the Bhm FSDO for a Repairman's Certificate took fifteen minutes in the office to complete and the FAA inspector was pleasant to deal with. But I had done my homework and knew precisely what he was going to ask and wanted to look at....and I think he quickly picked up on that. Most of my time was spent filling out a fresh 8610-2 because the inspector wanted the applicant information to match my pilot certificate, not the aircraft registration.

Just wish the process could be accomplished without spending most of a day driving to the FSDO.

Therein lies a rub, Sam. Going by my memory of the process 18 years ago with the RIC FSDO, it was a non-event - aside form the 6 hours spent on the road.

I recall nothing of the encounter that was necessary to do face-to-face for the proper issuance of the certificate, as I was the sole builder and had ample documentation of that fact for the DAR and the guy at the window at the FSDO. The whole process could have been handled, with assurance of my bona fides, by mail. Anything else is a long run for a short slide brought on by nothing more than mindless bureaucracy. If you work for Johnny Taxpayer (me), I don't have time for you to be mindless. What part of that do they not get?

Last edited:
Therein lies a rub, Sam. Going by my memory of the process 18 years ago with the RIC FSDO, it was a non-event - aside form the 6 hours spent on the road.

I recall nothing of the encounter that was necessary to do face-to-face for the proper issuance of the certificate, as I was the sole builder and had ample documentation of that fact for the DAR and the guy at the window at the FSDO. The whole process could have been handled, with assurance of my bona fides, by mail. Anything else is a long run for a short slide brought on by nothing more than mindless bureaucracy. If you work for Johnny Taxpayer (me), I don't have time for you to be mindless. What part of that do they not get?

My RV-6 Repairman's Certificate was delivered via mail in 1999. My DAR sent a letter of recommendation with the application and the certificate was issued with no face-to-face required.

A hard copy of my internet build log satisfied the FAA inspector this time while I filled out the new 8610-2, and he didn't ask any questions to verify I was the builder. Perhaps if the aircraft in question had been an RV (built by a "professional"?) instead of with a sparse Fokker materials kit the interview might have been more detailed. The only comment he made while looking at the log was "That was a lot of work!".

I recall discussions when the personal visit was instituted that the FAA was attempting to discourage hired guns by requiring the "builder" show up at a FSDO. No doubt some 8610-2 forms have been falsified but at least the person requesting the certificate now has to show some degree of knowledge of the project via the interview.

If this is true, here is another example of a few bad apples messing up the whole process for the rest of us.

Last edited:
A Bit of History

The repairmans certificate has only existed since the late 70's. Before that the EAB Airworthiness was only issued for one year. The FSDO inspector inspected the airplane every year and reissued a one year certificate. So as bad as things may be now, they are MUCH better than they were before the repairmans certificate.
50 years ago the FAA people generally had far better levels of experience and were much easier to deal with then, than most are today.
Ironically, despite a huge drop in many segments of GA activity, FAA FSDO staffing levels have increased significantly, some by a factor of six in 30 years. FSDO jobs 50 years ago did not offer great pay. Today the pay is quite good, significantly better in most cases than the private sector.
To be continued.

If you work for Johnny Taxpayer (me), I don't have time for you to be mindless. What part of that do they not get?

I genuinely feel sorry for every civil servant who has to deal with this attitude. In addition to being disrespectful to the Fed, it makes it much harder for the rest of us.

John, as an EAA member, the EAA's government advocacy office is there to help you with issues you encountered. I recommend you call Tom Charpentier in Oshkosh (920) 426-6124 and talk to him. He should be able to work with the SAN FSDO to resolve this issue - or raise it to the proper level in FAA HQ in DC. Most FAA inspectors are reasonable and would be happy to explain exactly what is needed to get the job done. Unfortunately, you found one who chooses to bring a bad name to an otherwise good Agency.

If you like, feel free to call me and we can discuss it.

Rick Weiss
Chairman, Homebuilt Aircraft Council and EAA Board Member
RV-7A Builder (95% done) and Kitfox V Builder/Owner
386-679-9817 (Eastern Time)

I came in the office with a loose leaf binder full of my printed blog. My guy glanced at it and gave me a look that said "surely you don't expect me spent my valuable time looking thru that!" He did not look at it. Maybe its because he knew I had made the effort to provide him with one! I wasn't going to take any chances because I wanted that certificate!

Otherwise good agency????

Google John Doster Allentown FAA, read everything you can find, and then tell me how great they are.

That FSDO office, prior to Mr. Doster's departure, threatened on the phone to take my pilot certificate. During this several month long period of harassment the local FBO owner, not a certificated pilot, was conducting for hire "air tours" in a two place ultralight. This was done with the full knowledge of the Allentown FSDO office. FAA legal actually caught up with Mr. Doster around 1988. I had several phone discussions with an FAA attorney around that time. Among other things he told me that Mr. Doster had a very large bank balance that he could not explain. Shortly after the entire thing was swept under the rug by Washington. Four years later someone looked under the rug and Doster was indicted.
50 years ago the FAA was mostly outstanding people with a few bad apples mixed in. Today there are still a lot of good people but the number of bad apples has greatly increased.

FAA

I started my first EAB airplane in 1961. I was just 20 years old. The airplane was built entirely in the Chapter workshop of EAA Chapter 73 in Bloomfield NJ.
In that era and that area the Engineering(now MIDO) office handled all EAB inspections and certifications. They were located at Teterboro Airport, about a 30 min drive from Bloomfield. The office was headed by the late Mr. Ben Rock. Personnel from the office were regular visitors at chapter meetings. In that era inspections were required before closing up any major structure. The standard inspection for airworthiness, then a 50 hour phase one. Then another FAA airworthiness inspection at the end of phase one.
I developed a very high regard for Mr. Rock. Our paths crossed many times in subsequent years, he always remembered me and was always very friendly.
Mr. Rock had a very damaged face that had been badly burned. Many years later I learned that he had been a right seat passenger in a Stinson that crashed and burned on the ridge above Lock Haven PA. He was trapped in the wreckage for quite a while. He never remembered what happened. Ironically when I first met him he owned a Stinson that he had restored with a lot of mods.
I can't remember when I met Mr. Bill Placek. He may have come to a chapter meeting but was not a regular. He was building a Cassutt in his basement, was an avid glider pilot, and later bought a flying homebuilt from my friend. I only lived a mile or so from Mr. Placeks house and would visit him occasionally to check on the Cassutt and talk airplanes. He was always very cordial despite our 30 year age difference. It was many years later after Mr. Placek's passing that I learned that he was manager of the Teterboro FSDO office.

EAB

For those who are interested in aviation history I would recommend Capt. Bob Bucks last book, North Star Over My Shoulder. The early chapters of the book cover in some detail the period before the was ANY regulation of pilots or aircraft in the US. Capt. Buck obtained his Private Certificate at age 16. A short time later the minimum age was changed to 17. One interesting point is that the flight test was observed from the ground by the government representative. This was pretty much standard in that era.
A year or two ago Van wrote a detailed article in Sport Aviation covering the early days of homebuilts before EAB. There was a period of time when homebuilt aircraft were grounded except in Oregon. The enforcement during this time varies from stories of airplanes being destroyed and at the other extreme people like Bernie Pietenpol and Steve Wittman pretty much ignored the rules. Wittman apparently certified his 1938 Buttercup and 1945 Big X in the Experimental Research and Development Category. But this category prohibited anyone but "necessary crewmembers" on board the aircraft. I have him on audio tape describing a long trip to the West Coast, then north to Washington and back to Oshkosh with Big X. His wife and another couple as passengers. Buttercup and Big X were later recertified as Experimental EAB.
Some recent articles claim that EAB evolved from the Goodyear Midget Racers of 1947, which is interesting because the first Wittman Tailwind is considered a two place Goodyear Midget. (now formula one).
The Tailwind in late 1953 became the first Experimental Amateur Built aircraft to be approved to carry a passenger.

Good experience with FSDO

I have been asking around to determine exactly what kind of avionics had to be in my RV-6A to be able to fly IFR as well as get my ticket in it as well. I brought this up at my local EAA meeting and got many different answers. I emailed Dynon and got a response that was not very definitive. I then called the San Antonio FSDO and the inspector that I spoke with gave me very direct answers. He was very knowledgeable about EA and basically told me how to use the rules to my advantage. He was not trying to impose the SA rules to EA. I was very pleased with his knowledge and cooperation.

I came in the office with a loose leaf binder full of my printed blog. My guy glanced at it and gave me a look that said "surely you don't expect me spent my valuable time looking thru that!" He did not look at it. Maybe its because he knew I had made the effort to provide him with one! I wasn't going to take any chances because I wanted that certificate!

Mine was a similar experience. I used MyKitlog.com and had three 5" binders of double sided printed pages. John's comment, was more like, "WOW, I've never seen so much build documentation before!" He questioned that way I did a couple things, which may be his method of testing my knowledge, but I quickly produced the plans. Once he validated that I followed the plans precisely, he had no issues. I had my temp repairman's before he left the hangar. We are fortunate in that our FSDO office is fairly EAB friendly.

I will be in Victoria this weekend visiting my daughter there, care to entertain a visitor and show off your project?

I have been asking around to determine exactly what kind of avionics had to be in my RV-6A to be able to fly IFR as well as get my ticket in it as well. I brought this up at my local EAA meeting and got many different answers. I emailed Dynon and got a response that was not very definitive. I then called the San Antonio FSDO and the inspector that I spoke with gave me very direct answers. He was very knowledgeable about EA and basically told me how to use the rules to my advantage. He was not trying to impose the SA rules to EA. I was very pleased with his knowledge and cooperation.

RE: post #45

Its been a long time since I left San Antonio, but the FSDO staff in that era were among the best I have ever encountered.

Don,

I would love to but we will be in San Diego this weekend for a wedding. Give me a shout the next time. I really would appreciate another set of eyes on my project. Working hard on my sliding canopy. Making good progress.

Paul

FAA vs FAA

I sometimes tend to forget that there is much more to the FAA than just inspectors and air traffic control. They actually do operate some airplanes. I crossed paths with one last month, Gulfstream N1.
To keep these airplanes in top notch shape the FAA employs some A&P mechanics.
Many years ago one of these FAA Mechanics was accused of flying his 2 seat Vintage airplane at a very low altitude. We will call the accused Mr. J. Mr. J had a hearing with the FSDO people and brought his young son along. Mr. J convinced the FSDO people that he was completely innocent. Hands were likely shaken, some papers signed to seal the deal. After that one of the inspectors struck up a conversation with the young boy.
Do you fly with your dad? Yes. What do you like about flying with your dad?
The thing I like most is standing up on the seat while my dad does loops.
The FSDO guy went over to Mr. J and waved his finger in Mr. J's face: you blankety blank so and so I KNEW you were guilty. Too late, the deal had been made.
Final score:
FAA one
FAA zero

Sure, I am up there fairly often, catch ya another time then!

Don,

I would love to but we will be in San Diego this weekend for a wedding. Give me a shout the next time. I really would appreciate another set of eyes on my project. Working hard on my sliding canopy. Making good progress.

Paul

Back