Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 08-04-2019, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTurner View Post
??? I have never seen a rental charged by when the electricity was on. Usually Hobbs (oil pressure activated), sometimes tach hours.
For the record, Iím in the Ďno speaker, donít miss ití camp.
Yeah, sorry, I can see my wording being confusing. When I first started, we would start the plane, taxi to run-up area to get the ATIS and call for clearance (class C), so engine was running. Later I started using the cabin speaker for ATIS/Clearance before engine start. Now, I have no speaker, and don't really feel like I need it. Handheld does well. Or just put the headset on.

RV-6A
Learning something knew everyday.
Old 08-13-2019, 06:44 PM

Talking

Thanks, gang. There goes another $75 in parts costs because I don't have to have a switch that can go spdt. A pushbutton "on-off" headphones will do just fine.

Back to the test bench ... But the best engineer story I've heard in a while ...

Doctor, lawyer, engineer were asked if they had their choice between a girlfriend and a wife, which one?

The lawyer said girlfriend ... a little more spicy, a little more unexpected...

The doctor said wife ... a little more stable, a little more reliable...

The engineer said both. When I'm missing the wife will think I'm with the girlfriend, the girlfriend will think I'm with the wife and I can get back to the lab and get some useful work done.

Jim