What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone keep an RV at Hooks? (DWH)

CargoDog58

I'm New Here
Hello RV-Nation!

My family and I moved to the Houston area about 3 years ago. Our house is only 2 miles from Hooks and I occasionally see an RV go blasting over :)

I'm a 3rd-Generation aviator and the only one in my family yet to build some kind of flying machine. I've flown a -6 and a few RV-4's but seem to gravitate towards a -4. If anyone keeps any kind of RV at Hooks and wouldn't mind answering a few questions about the build (and your thoughts on DWH hangars), I would love to buy you a coffee or other beverage of your choice :) Also if anyone ever needs a hand, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks and happy flying!
John

Hello, John. There is an active EAA chapter (302) in Conroe at KCXO. That would be a good place to find anyone based at Hooks with an RV. There are also many RVs in Conroe, if you're willing to drive a little!

There are a number of RVs at Hooks. A bunch of us fly out for lunch Sat & Sun's we gather around 11 at X18 & X-21. There's a -4 in X-18, A 4 & 6 in X-22. An 8 in progress and a flying 6A next door. I'm building a -6 and flying a Navion. Stop by and introduce yourself. We can get your questions answered and probably get you a ride to lunch.

Thanks to everyone for the info! I've been trying to attend some EAA meetings for a while now, but work always seems to catch wind of my plans and promptly nixes that idea.

GYoung: Thank you for the offer. I'll wander over your way one of these weekends and say hello. I think I've seen you fly over in the Navion---that's a sweet ride ya got there!

Thanks again and best regards,

John

John,
I'm based at hooks. I have a Christen Eagle and am currently building an RV10 at home. I live in Creekside of the Woodlands. Stop by the hanger M7 on the waterway and I can help guide you. I'm also a member of EAA 302 which is RV mecca

Back