What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New 12 Builder

bhassel

Well Known Member
After much going back and forth between finishing the 9 or starting the 12, I've decided to jump on the 12 train. I'll keep my 9 emp hanging in my garage or something.

The ability to fly and not worry about the extra hassles of a medical & having everything you need, packaged together & well laid out, make the choice simple.

I'm ordering the tail kit tonight. Do you really send the order to [email protected]? :confused:

Bob

Welcome to the forum!! You have made a great choice.

Unless they have changed their procedure, you have to either FAX or snail mail the order to them.

Congratulations Bob, and I'm sure the email will end up with Barb for processing. I emailed all my orders. Maybe sell the 9 emp to help offset the cost of the 12 emp? You only need one emp to fly. :cool:

Fair warning...

Be advised, after experiencing the -9 emp's conventional construction, with the -12 you may feel like you're cheating. :rolleyes:
Just shake off the guilt and enjoy.

Save shipping. Get the wings at least and maybe the fuse at the same time. You will finish the tail very quickly, ditto for the wings.

Another 12 - have fun!

You will enjoy the build - it goes together quick. :) Take lots of pics during your build. I used the build videos to supplement the manual. Read, watch the section, read again, and then assemble.

Thanks again!

I plan on ordering the rest of the fuse kit quickly and then the engine and panel after I've gotten a little further down the road.

I have the Homebuilder's Helper DVD's on the emp/tailcone and will be looking forward to see how well that helps.

I do have to admit to a lot of head scratching on the 9. Then during my 'stall' period, I started a Hummel UltraCruiser and it made me wonder what I ever had to scratch my head over on the 9. I gave that one up, but did get several 4' x 12' sheets of metal out of it...

Is the shipping cheaper when I order more?

Bob

Welcome aboard, lots of help exists in the archives of this thread. I ordered all except the avionics and engine at the same time, am very glad I did. Not only did I save a bunch on shipping, I did not have to have dead times waiting for the next kit, for me when I stop, it is hard to get started again. Also I was able to use the shipping containers for material to build shelving etc. At the time the Skyview was on the horizon and I for sure wanted that in my aircraft. If you go back thru my kitlog link on the bottom of this post, you can quickly get an idea of how fast the first parts go together.

Welcome Bob. You made the right choice!! Learn how to use the search feature available for this forum. A lot of information is at your fingertips. And a good deal of help is just a question away via this forum. Have fun!

Just for general information of 'how many have been sold'...

My builder number (issued today) is: 120706

Bob

Back