What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV4 (Pilot / Pax) Harnesses

rv4flyercanada

I'm New Here
Just spent a week flying / teaching acro in a students airplane (it wasn't an RV) that was outfitted with Hooker Harnesses - specifically a ratchet to 'suck' me down into the seat - wow, was that nice.

I called Hooker yesterday and even though they make belts for the RV4, they don't make one (yes, they'll make a custom one - that's why I'm posting this - but they only make a 7 pt harness with a ratchet) that includes a ratchet.

...so, is anyone out here using a ratchet style harness in their RV4? How (or where?) did you attach it? Do you like it? Suggestions for improvement? Could you post some pics?

I'm considering adding one 'in-line' with the Vans 4 pt harness I'm currently using. ...which may interfere with my 'manual' flap lever. ...TBD.

thx, m.

I have one from Crow Enterprise (advertiser here). It is something he is trying to develop. I have not been able to installed it yet. :(

The ratchets are great, and I wanted to put one in during the build. However, the attach points need to be straight down from your hip to pull you down.
I went with the standard hooker harness, and can't complain about it. If I were doing negative g maneuvers, then I'd miss the ratchet.

Back