- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Model Specific > RV-14
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-08-2020, 05:14 PM

Default JD Air Latch

Hi Guys,

Luke and I have been talking and we have came to a resolution. I will be modifying the JD Air Parts latch to accommodate the Classic Aero interior. And he will be making a side panel to accommodate my latch!!

Fortunately the latch will be modified in such a way that it will be "one latch fits all," while maintaining the superior functionality and great looks. We were both trying to avoid major expenses to meet the needs of the RV 14 builder.

I will have these latches available as soon as the necessary drawing and machine program can be modified. They will be available in natural aluminum color and the really popular red anodized.

Hopefully Luke will jump on and let everyone know the status.

Thanks,
RV-7 N717EE-Flying (Sold)
RV-7 N707EE-Building
EMS Bell 407,
Eurocopter 350 A-Star Driver
Old 04-08-2020, 05:37 PM

Hey Everyone,

Just to add to Darwin's comments. Like he said, we've worked out a solution that should work for everyone. I want to temper expectations just a little as far as time frame goes though. This is a fairly involved change, and we'll have to fit it in between our current obligations to existing orders. Our schedule is very full at the moment, and I'm working some pretty long hours. I will try to get it done as soon as possible though

If you have any questions, just give us a call or email.

Best regards,

541.926.1373 fax
www.classic.aero
VAF Advertiser since 2003
Old 04-08-2020, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV7Guy View Post
Hi Guys,

Luke and I have been talking and we have came to a resolution. I will be modifying the JD Air Parts latch to accommodate the Classic Aero interior. And he will be making a side panel to accommodate my latch!!

Fortunately the latch will be modified in such a way that it will be "one latch fits all," while maintaining the superior functionality and great looks. We were both trying to avoid major expenses to meet the needs of the RV 14 builder.

I will have these latches available as soon as the necessary drawing and machine program can be modified. They will be available in natural aluminum color and the really popular red anodized.

Hopefully Luke will jump on and let everyone know the status.

Thanks,
AWESOME! That's the perfect solution. The best of both worlds. I'm THRILLED! As I told you if we can help either Luke or you in anyway please just let us know.

Best regards,
Old 04-08-2020, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke D View Post
Hey Everyone,

Just to add to Darwin's comments. Like he said, we've worked out a solution that should work for everyone. I want to temper expectations just a little as far as time frame goes though. This is a fairly involved change, and we'll have to fit it in between our current obligations to existing orders. Our schedule is very full at the moment, and I'm working some pretty long hours. I will try to get it done as soon as possible though

If you have any questions, just give us a call or email.

Best regards,
Thanks Luke. From personal experience I totally understand what it's like to build a business and juggle a lot of balls at the same time, so I sincerely appreciate your commitment to make this happen.

Best regards,
Old 04-09-2020, 09:51 AM

No problem Steve. We'll fit it in as soon as we can.

541.926.1373 fax
www.classic.aero
VAF Advertiser since 2003
Old 04-09-2020, 05:36 PM

Also THRILLED to hear this!
Iím just on wings so a few years for you both to work this out will be just fine
Thanks for the collaboration, itís so great to see.

RV-14A Kit #140477
http://www.rkulesa.com/category/building-a-plane/
Empennage Complete
Wings in progress
Old 04-09-2020, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjkulesa@gmail.com View Post
Also THRILLED to hear this!
Iím just on wings so a few years for you both to work this out will be just fine
Thanks for the collaboration, itís so great to see.
Yep, awesome collaboration by undoubtably two of the best companies in the business.
Old 04-18-2020, 07:56 AM

Might be a dumb question but Iím no where close in my build to considering canopy latches. Do I understand that the Classic Aero latch is an upgrade that is purchased from Classic Aero? I didnít see it on their website. Where can I see or order this particular latch?
Old 04-18-2020, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oskibilly View Post
Might be a dumb question but Iím no where close in my build to considering canopy latches. Do I understand that the Classic Aero latch is an upgrade that is purchased from Classic Aero? I didnít see it on their website. Where can I see or order this particular latch?
According to Jeremiah at Classic Aero, they supply a modification to the stock latch in their side panel kit and a new handle that looks good with their panel. It is not a complete replacement (including the flush handles on the outside) like the JD Air latch is.
Old 04-18-2020, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjarrell View Post
It is not a complete replacement (including the flush handles on the outside) like the JD Air latch is.
It is a complete replacement for the stock Vanís handle, but it operates the same way and fits into the standard fuselage slots. It is just a bit nicer in appearance and the function is a bit more solid feeling.
Miss March 2020