What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-12 Inflight Photos

A couple of recent pics from my 12...
-
1fi63m.png

-
2sb0gzp.png

Very nicely done, Brent. Brought back many fond memories of flying over northern NJ in the late 1960s out of TEB. :)

2017 favorite in-flight photo

This was taken by Brent C from his RV12 of Mark B (Skunkworks) and me somewhere over Ohio or Indiana on our way to Oshkosh.

Mark and Dave by Brent.jpg

Brent thanks again for the shot - look forward to next year :D

Last edited:
Flying in Scotland

The weather certainly looks better than it did 2 weeks ago when I was flying there with Ian C in his RV-6A. 0 degrees C on the ground with frost and ice, 9 Degrees C at 5000ft!!

Not much change to the Scottish weather. We're waiting for the leftovers from the NY/Boston storm :eek:

Picture was taken at a different time...

Not much change to the Scottish weather. We're waiting for the leftovers from the NY/Boston storm :eek:

Picture was taken at a different time...

Fellow Scot on the edge of the storm in Vermont just now. You'll enjoy it! :)

Nice picture btw.

Jim Sharkey
RV-6

Two 12's On Their Way To AirVenture 2017

38780485810_803d5594e2_b.jpg

Somewhere over the Ohio Valley:cool:

There is a third RV-12 N913BC but Brent was taking the picture, thanks Brent for the great photo.

Last edited:
Looks like a great day for flying--either the RV12 or the drone! Great video. Thanks for sharing.

Great video! It's so green there too! For us dry desert people, that place looks like a landscape from another planet.

My drone operator wants to make another video - he thinks he can keep the airplane centered in the frame better with a little practice. We'll give it a go when the weather improves. This summer we have had no shortage of rainfall...

245yolh.jpg

6s53ir.png

My drone operator wants to make another video - he thinks he can keep the airplane centered in the frame better with a little practice. We'll give it a go when the weather improves. This summer we have had no shortage of rainfall...

245yolh.jpg

6s53ir.png

Cooler temps and lots of rain. Please FWD out west where we have wildfires like crazy all over the place and record setting high temperatures. Expecting 103+ at KSFF today. What may be "normal" in places like Texas and Arizona is WAY out of normal for the Pacific Northwest.

the very first one

It is maybe not award winning, but I am proud to share my very first Air-To-Air picture :D

Over Lake Powell

North Lake Powell in southern Utah - too bad I didn't have a photo ship. :)

Attachments

• lake powell nov 2019.jpg
    lake powell nov 2019.jpg
    363.4 KB · Views: 369
Last edited:
Good to be in the air after 35 years.

ml4UJ_Q1vDw3kpCeUrr1jShEJyObFjSjR0JR1VyBYyWS9RpA04mOgcPFcfRthnwtwc66vtr_PRUiPGRV_lTQ2vcK8wXuUXsAaEevJZeg3VkHfNSwQaWrDyQVHN6COzilBiBDBuSSY8hsDM_gUyLbn3WAfGghMqQUF5KfquiJRf5T5QbA8fJbnJswKHZRZbQaIR74mvKVkuv-VB8T9h9WMiIbqTSV6PnSumTRVL9g1TXr3yHny61w67alLrEw1WvQG3ZbhOVMXtljeT0brWkLD6mMg9_opGYRDKYUMTbRR18rhvsdQeB6Q_vmUW2RYlLQkt-ClgfmkQTLtheLDFR313UDsOpsoZID0kwUP5wyIQnKabqaYnwZpFFOWva4G6sB40cKvGlFS8RbgrYg-IYbjMcaJTGTwz5oMpEABijY9X8xZrC4LePIVZ93Blyx6P8tD6lcq0wdSqATRk7W1cIh2bzIsi7Eu3ZBohaMRqxWl2lNjdQRkBaJ-H19TC0xqrS-6SNB_KV1O5Nf1F7TQT_gR6h-6SLHPhQOdU6u0B80gZOGczhErSz2JXilBSLaxfd7MBr0Y416uLOO8RNTrTAxnvm7Qas4eH5N57r0GWZ4k3cs-PD0y4MPMt6H3MmWNVVtZ5OGHC2gm1Yyo3dY8GQRpQ6Fx8TJLORmmkGlKXF08k60Yo7sG9hlIjL1XTtY-rU=w1778-h562-no

Good to be in the air after 35 years, I get to fly my baby!

My first flight without a CFI.

Flying around the patch.

Attachments

• me fliying.jpg
    me fliying.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 740
Last edited:
Flight over NY

http://www.rv12pilot.com/VAF/ny_
flight.jpg

3 RVs out of PA

Brent is lead #1, I am #2 and Jeff is #3 (photo from his ship) over the East River heading towards Lady Liberty

Last edited:
RV12

Social distancing over Niagara Falls :)

GWSE_NF.jpg

GWSE_NF2.jpg

(If you click on the thumbnail, notice how empty the parking lots are - crazy)

Last edited:
Beach landing at Blokhus Beach, Denmark. :)

Attachments

• PBM05231.jpg
    PBM05231.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 383
  • PBM05189.jpg
    PBM05189.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 365
  • PBM05159.jpg
    PBM05159.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 444
  • RV-12iS Blokhus.jpg
    RV-12iS Blokhus.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 550
Last edited:
Two friends flying loose formation last Sunday. Camera plane was a Cessna that asked for them to slow up so he could catch them... :D
-

Attachments

• Resized952021-12-1.jpg
    Resized952021-12-1.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 456
Last edited:
Full Forward Slip Landing...

Private-use airport where I base my RV-12 has runway (9-27) 2150’ with 30’ tall spruce trees planted by irate home owner on east end of runway and tall maple trees planted by second irate homeowner on west end of runway. Spruce trees are tall but you can see them well from a distance. Runway has easement to operate for 100 years and has been in existence for more than 50 years. I’ve been flying out of this strip for over 30 years.

Three-years ago a new house was built right next to the threshold of 09 . I know…. what was the guy thinking??? Maple trees are very difficult to see coming thru guy’s backyard at 55kts. I told the homeowner he is opening himself up to liability if there is an accident. Transient aircraft / crop dusters often use the field. If someone is not aware of trees (no leaves in winter) they could have a bad day…

Anyway, I deal with the trees by doing a full forward slip to scrub of altitude and speed. I shoot for 55kts just clearing the tree tops and then add full rudder and enough flaperon to track straight. The slip is held through the entire flair and then kicked straight just as the mains touch. I brief passengers that the airplane will not be straight with the runway when landing. Non-pilots are OK with this. Folks that fly are a little unsettled. I usually use ¾ of the runway on landing.

https://youtube.com/shorts/f-g-HzsW1mQ?feature=share

Back