What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tool for 'blue' electrical connectors - wing

E. D. Eliot

Well Known Member
I need to remove the pins from several 'blue electrical connectors' @ wing roots. The blue connectors are ES-00077 & 78 on page 31A-2. We've tried several pin type pin extractors and have managed to mangle two of the connectors to the point that they need to be replaced. So, it is clear that either I don't have the correct extractor tool or the required skill or both.

Called Stein and found out that they don't stock the right tool. According to Stein Co, the correct tool is TYCO # 723986-1. Can't find a source for this tool as the suppliers on the internet are, for me at least, a maze of information that doesn't yield a listing for a tool that I need.

Help please.

A straightened paper clip or a piece of .030" locking wire folded into a U shape works well. Both legs need to be fully inserted to release the locking tabs.

Extractor tool

For extracting the pins from the blue Amp wing connectors I made a fine tool from a pair of inexpensive SS tweezers. Grind the ends to fit full depth into the connector. Takes a little trial and error but the end result is a permanent tool that works well and you can put it into your box of special RV-12 trick tools in case you ever need it in the future.

i-VvWCdDf-L.jpg

i-knqT9Hw-L.jpg

Credit should go to DonfromTX for this - the idea goes back a ways.

Back