What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

D180 software update?

My float reached the stops at 17 gallons so I fly about an hour before it goes on scale. Then it is dead on. I decided accuracy near empty was more important than accuracy near full when I bent he float arm.

rv 12 dynon unlock and software update

after the update and unlock can you change airspeed from knots to mph, temp to farenheit, nautical to statute. could you just unlock the skyview with out the update to be able to change these fields.

after the update and unlock can you change airspeed from knots to mph, temp to farenheit, nautical to statute. could you just unlock the skyview with out the update to be able to change these fields.

Yes!:)
Yes!;)
Yes!:eek:
Unknown!:confused:

I know this is an old thread. However, I'm just getting around to updating my D-180 to 5.5 from 5.4 mainly because I had to change the oil pressure sensor to a Kavlico which requires at least 5.4.2. The thing is I'm unable to get to any portion of the menu that gives "CLUTTR". On the page that's shown on Vans RV12 locked settings pdf that shows "CLTTR" I have a blank. I've gotten as far as writing down all of the parameters and settings available on my unit and have backed up 5.4 and confirmed the file size but haven't started the actual update to 5.5.

Any thoughts from those that have gone before? Or, are the items in the "CLTTR" section likely to cause a problem during the update?

Clutter

If I recall correctly, clutter was not on the earlier versions of Vans D180. It is on the later versions.

Dynon has released D-180 firmware version 5.6.1
The new firmware is included in a new 5.6.1 PC SOFTWARE program.
The firmware is not a separate download. Instead, it is included inside
of the software program.
However, it can NOT be installed in our D-180s because the existing firmware
version contains a couple of Van's locked settings. We will have to wait until
Van's completely unlocks our D-180s or comes out with their own locked 5.6.1 version.

Last edited:
Joe,

What does it do for us? I?m happy with my avionics and reluctant to mess with it unless there are substantial gains.

Rich

From the software release notes...

a2wyv8.png

Back