What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ADSB 472

todehnal

Well Known Member
I finally have my Dynon dual receiver ADSB 472 on the way. Has anyone installed the upgrade from the ADSB 470? I was wondering if the mounting was the same, and just a matter of replacing the unit, or if mounting needed to be modified.

Thanks. I'm sure that I will figure that out when I open up the avionics compartment, but a heads up sure would be nice......Tom

I finally have my Dynon dual receiver ADSB 472 on the way. Has anyone installed the upgrade from the ADSB 470? I was wondering if the mounting was the same, and just a matter of replacing the unit, or if mounting needed to be modified.

Thanks. I'm sure that I will figure that out when I open up the avionics compartment, but a heads up sure would be nice......Tom

Randy King did this as I'm sure others too but this one is fresh in my mind.

http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showpost.php?p=1175839&postcount=5

Physical box differences.

IMG_9657_HDR-L.jpg

Haven't done the swap but the mounting is not the same (472 is much smaller) and the connectors are now on opposite sides vs the same side on the 470. You'll only be able to re-use one existing mounting hole.

I ordered "Skyview ADS-B Bracket", p/n F-00045C from Vans. Cost is $5.00 and makes the conversion much easier. I did it all by removing the Skyview.

Mitch Garner

I ordered "Skyview ADS-B Bracket", p/n F-00045C from Vans. Cost is $5.00 and makes the conversion much easier. I did it all by removing the Skyview.

Mitch Garner

Thanks Mitch. Between the picture from Carlos, and your part number, this should be a no brainer. I'm sure that I won't need any documentation. It looks like it is just a matter of installing the new bracket, which I imagine goes on top of the SL40 in place of the ADSB-470 and mounting the ADSB-472 to it....Tom

Tom-

As mentioned by others, to make the install easier you will want the new mounting bracket. The new bracket uses the same mounting locations above the radio that were used to mount the 470 unit. Below is a photo of a completed instillation ... my finger is pointing to the new bracket. Note how much smaller the 472 unit really is .... actually not a whole lot bigger than the DB connector.
DSC03202.JPG

Thanks John. Parts should be here tomorrow and you pic makes the installation process easy to understand............Tom

Back