What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How to install the headset strap?

magiccarpet

Well Known Member
Patron
This might be a very trivial question but I am wondering how I can install the headset straps from Flightline Interior so that they last long time and that the self tapping screw does not wear out prematurely and leaving an ugly hole in the frame. I don't like the idea of that screw in this particular application.
Any tipps on that are greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
I don't recall inside diameter of snap, but perhaps a pop rivet would work? Maybe smaller size rivet? I understand your concern. I used sheetmetal screw and no problems after 350 hours use.

I used to travel for business to La Chaux-de-Fonds. Have wonderful memories of Swiss...

Last edited:
Guess it would have been a good place for a nut plate. How about a doubler secured with blind rivets, assuming you can pant it to match, or can it be slid behind the longeron cover? Or maybe a rivnut, if there?s enough clearance behind?

Thanks a lot everyone. I will look into the rivnut idea or simply using a rivet.

I used to travel for business to La Chaux-de-Fonds. Have wonderful memories of Swiss...
Tell me next time when you travel to Switzerland. I would very much like to give you a ride by airplane.

Back