What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

12is tires

skydiverlv

Well Known Member
I was perusing the September issue of Experimenter and noticed the front tire is a different tire than issued with earlier 12 kits. The main tires are hidden by the towers legs. Does anyone know if all the tires are now this design?

I should have been more specific. I was referring to the tread pattern and which brand and type tire is now being sourced.

Just received the October issue of Sport Aviation and the cover photo reveals that there is a definite tread design change on tires. The new design is similar to the ones JetGuy originally installed 4-5 years ago with 2 grooves.

Just received the October issue of Sport Aviation and the cover photo reveals that there is a definite tread design change on tires. The new design is similar to the ones JetGuy originally installed 4-5 years ago with 2 grooves.

A little hard to see on cover photo but looks a lot like my Desser 500-5 6 PLY AWBS RETREAD, ELITE PREMIUM 2 GROOVE (ELITE)

2j0mblu.png

See? http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showpost.php?p=1285712&postcount=8

If this picture is of the One Week Wonder, they were not retreads. They were either Goodyear flight specials or Michelin Aviators. They did not come from Van's as part of the kit.

Vic

If this picture is of the One Week Wonder, they were not retreads. They were either Goodyear flight specials or Michelin Aviators. They did not come from Van's as part of the kit.

Vic

Correct
GoodYear was one of the sponsors and supplied Flight Custom II tires.

The standard kit still comes with the same tires it always has.

Back