What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Kuntzleman LED & Strobe Package

DSmith

Well Known Member
Patron
Have any of you installed and used the Kuntzleman RV Nav LEDs and strobe package that has the tail light and strobe? How does it look and is the strobes as bright as Whelen's? I've planned to order the Whelen Kit 6 from Van's but I'm reconsidering that decision.
Danny

I have their LED tail light/strobe combo, and can say it is plenty bright. I don't have a set of Whelens to do a side-by-side comparison, but it more than meets my needs (day/night IFR). I have ordered Jeff's LED position light/strobe combos, so I can't give you any input on KE Strobe's. Personally, I like the way Jeff's look a lot better than the others that are available. They have a much more "finished" look to them, in my opinion.

I have put one on the VS. You can see it here: http://gikonemp.blogspot.com/2008/01/now-it-is-complete-and-painted.html#links

I doubt it is as bright as the Whelan because the current draw is less, but it appears only a little less. It is not as robust but more than adequate to my mind. A lot lighter and cheaper.

The Kuntzleman fitting is more appropriate to mountiong on the fin.

Regards, Steve

PS If you click the pictures you will get a better view.

Back