What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Interest in custom side panels?

f1rocket

Well Known Member
I'm sending out a feeler to see if there would be any interest if I made a batch of fiberglass side panels like the ones I made for my RV-12? These would be for the RV-12 only and would come 2 to a set, ready for you to cover with cloth or leather (or paint I suppose). I don't know a price yet but would try to keep them below $300 for the pair.

finish103.jpg
finish104.jpg

Here are a couple of shots of the ones in my airplane. They would be very similar. If you think you might be interested, either respond to this thread or drop me a PM, no commitment of course. If there are more than a few interested, I will set about making the molds.

Randy,
Show them a pic of the finished product in your plane.......your email will probably blow up with inquiries :D

Randy,
Show them a pic of the finished product in your plane.......your email will probably blow up with inquiries :D

Here's a couple shots of what mine look finished. It's pretty easy to do yourself with some thin foam, spray glue, and your fabric.

engine25.jpg
finish110.jpg

Back