What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder hinge bolt size?

Kooshball

Well Known Member
I am clearly missing a drawing or something in my brain while reviewing the rudder drawings but I can not find the size / part number for the bolt that goes through the rudder hinges to attach it to the vertical stab. I am not going to be near the plane for a while and can?t really check but does anyone know off hand what size bolts I need?

Thx.

Well if my memory serves correctly on the RV8 it's two AN3-7 on the top and an AN3-10 on the bottom, it may be the same on the 4, or very similar. The main thing is just having 2-3 threads exposed after its torqued correctly. Hopefully that helps.

Well if my memory serves correctly on the RV8 it's two AN3-7 on the top and an AN3-10 on the bottom, it may be the same on the 4, or very similar. The main thing is just having 2-3 threads exposed after its torqued correctly. Hopefully that helps.

Thx. I will see if those work.

From Vans

AN3-7A and / or AN3-6A ... make sure long enough that shank ( not threads ) goes thru bottom portion of hinge ( Obviously) Vans tech wasn't sure exactly which length but one of these.

Back