What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show us a pic of your FINISHED RV-7/7A!!!

nice paint job!

Mark,

I love it.

That was the plan I had for my 7A was to paint it like the T2C's from VT23 which was my squadron in TX but pretty much the same as what you have.

It looks even better than I thought it would.

Now I have my 6A flying I will leave this one the way it is for now.

Nice job!

Flying for a while but finally got most of the painting done. Still need to do the undercarriage and empenage fairing but here's what I have finished so far. Some custom nose art as well.

dsc03354.jpg

dsc03362.jpg

RV-7 Slider Cutaway Completed!

My -7 will never fly, but it felt like I built the real thing as I was drawing it.

Tom
rv7layerssliderweb1.jpg

N13lf

Two years and counting the grin never goes away! O-360, Fuel injected, twin Lightspeed, James Cowl, Prince P-tip Carbon Fiber Prop.

2re795u.jpg
[/IMG]

Great...Thanks to lwfussell and N13LF, I haven't been able to stop banging rivets today. Now I know who to blame for my habit...

Beautiful shot. Beautiful airplane.

Finally picked it up today from Bobby Potts in Tuscaloosa, AL.... looks great, if I may say so :) Not the best photo of it, but I'll take some more soon.. Very happy with the paint job..

IMG_0901.JPG

Looks great, Rad!

Can't wait for you to stop by KCUB to show it off. If not before, plan on being here for the RV fly-in in April.:D

Finally "finished"

I got my baby back from Grady at GloCustom today.

Before:
2ivhi9.jpg
[/IMG]

After:
2q8t64j.jpg

sxn0g0.jpg
[/IMG]

ZU-EUF Flies

Hi All RV Builders

I have been hiding in the shadows while working on the RV, she flew today at the helm was a good friend, his sun flew chase plane also a RV. many happy building hours fr you guys out there keep banging at those rivets......

if someone can assist to post a photo i can send it to them seems my system is being a tad difficult

http://tinypic.com/r/1418v0o/6

Regards

Norman Stapelberg

South Africa

Last edited:
Norman out of the shadows..

Fixed pic inline...

Congratulations Norman. Make sure to preflight for killer bee's!

Hi All RV Builders

I have been hiding in the shadows while working on the RV, she flew today at the helm was a good friend, his sun flew chase plane also a RV. many happy building hours fr you guys out there keep banging at those rivets......

1418v0o.jpg

Regards

Norman Stapelberg

South Africa

From NE PA

Picture of my RV 7. First flight Nov 05. Painted Nov 07. 460 fun flying hours on her. Painted by Three in The Green. My Dad helped alot by paying for half the expense of the paint job. Superior 0-360 Hartzel CS prop
rv7painted111208036.jpg

I am hangared at KOQN Brandywine Airport. Hangar C-12. I look forward to flying with you some day. Let me know the next time you are planning a fly out with Jim Lewellyn he is a friend of mine too!

Finally got her painted!

I picked up my RV-7A from T&P in Salinas today. They did an awesome job on my plane. Their attention to detail is just incredible! I am so stoked right now! :D The top three pics are before the vinyl decals were added with my airplane's name "Sweet Escape" and the RV-7A decals.

I would also like to thank Tom from Tech Art for using my paint scheme on the RV-7A cutaway that he just completed. I can't wait to get my custom copies which he is detailing a little bit more (such as my painted propeller) to be exactly like my airplane.

IMG_1251.jpg

IMG_1253.jpg

IMG_1257.jpg

IMG_1258.jpg

IMG_1261.jpg

IMG_1267.jpg

Interior Pics:

Panel.jpg

IMG_1149.jpg

IMG_1155.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow!

That's got to be the nicest RV I've ever seen. How would you feel if I copied your paint scheme? :D Congrats on a beautiful job.

Thats a beautiful job... I noticed the holes in the plates at the back corner of the seat...did it start out to be a tilt up and you changed your mind??

Ed Booth, Trenton, SC

Thanks for all the compliments!

That's got to be the nicest RV I've ever seen. How would you feel if I copied your paint scheme? :D Congrats on a beautiful job.

Its an honor that you would like to use my paint scheme. I would just ask that it not be dead on with the same exact colors :)

Thats a beautiful job... I noticed the holes in the plates at the back corner of the seat...did it start out to be a tilt up and you changed your mind??

Ed Booth, Trenton, SC

Yes, I originally purchased the airplane that was a long build started by another person. When I ordered the finish kit, I ordered the parts to convert it to a slider.

I would also like to give a shout out to Randy Thorne. A lot of you guys know who he is on here and he was great help to me along my build. Great guy and very knowledgeable when it comes to these RV airplanes.

Right you are

I would also like to give a shout out to Randy Thorne. A lot of you guys know who he is on here and he was great help to me along my build. Great guy and very knowledgeable when it comes to these RV airplanes.

Yep, that he is.

Finished!

3yrs 9mos of building
1yr flying naked
paint job and 1st annual complete

With the paint job, I now declare it done. (Yeah, I know - never really done.)

2010 Project: Moving the hobbes!

web.jpg

web.jpg

Last edited:
nice paint

Don,
Nice colors and scheme.
I met you at PTC last May, and your plane looks great with clothes!
Bryan

With or without paint...

...that airplane was an eye-turner....great workmanship.

Beautiful, Don...congratulations.

Bring her to KOKZ on Saddy.

Best,

those two make.....

a nice comparison. the straight lines make it look faster. great job on both. turbo i feel like repainting mine, except for the $$$$$$$$s.:D

First flight of N980DC was 2-1-09. Flew it to Sun-n-Fun 2009 and OSH in July. Finally took a break from flying to get it painted last August. Got it out of the paint shop in October.

180 HP Lycoming A1A
74" CS prop

D. Calland

Back