What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Touch Firmware ver 3.60 out

Brantel

Well Known Member
Changes made from version 3.50 to 3.60:
Add support for fourth display (MFD2)
Add option to display Chart page on split-screen side of MFD
Add option to display line on map that points to best glide airport
Add option to configure RS-232 ports for 4800 or 9600 baud when using NMEA Out format
Add import/export options to user waypoint list page
Add menu option to WPT and aviation database review pages and to add current waypoint to active flight plan
Improve user access to calibration pages for OEM-configured EIS inputs
Improve PFD HSI bearing pointers
Improve storage of configuration changes
General improvements to system operation
Includes GAD29 software version 2.20
Includes GDL39 software version 4.40
Includes GEA24 software version 2.60
Includes GI260 software version 2.50
Includes GSA28 software version 2.90
Includes GSU25 software version 3.10
Includes GSU73 software version 3.40
Includes GTR20/200 software version 2.70

4ea G3X Touch screens per system now supported....WOW, I need to build a bigger airplane! Just kidding!:p

G3X Touch V3.60

Thank, Brian.

New with V3.60 is the ability to turn on a line of chevrons on the map pointing to the Best Glide Airport.

This feature nicely complements the Best Glide Airport bearing pointer on the HSI.

46XGlideRingwithChevrons2.jpg

In this example, the Best Glide Airport is 4.6 nm behind and to the left of the aircraft, and this is easily seen on both the HSI and on the moving map.

To enable the new line of chevrons pointing to the Best Glide Airport from the Map page, select Menu, Setup Map, choose the Line page, and enable "Best Airport Line".

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
great idea on the best glide integration, i'll get mine upgraded this week!

do any of the module/component updates mentioned have release notes worth disclosing?

Auto Pilot Updated software

The autopilot update has made a huge improvement in operation. I was able to increase gain on pitch and roll with good results. Pitch control has increased the ability to lock on to selected altitudes and maintain altitude without noticeable hunting or g loads. Very, very nice! The Electronic Stability and Protection is pretty cool too!

Thanks

Last edited:
Any plans to implement Best Glide Airport into the non touch G3X?

Hello Ed,

Of course we continue to add new features to the previous generation of displays as well as the newer G3X Touch displays. GDU 37x software version 10.10 was also released this week, and includes support for the estimated glide range ring and "best airport" bearing pointer. We plan to add the same "best airport line" feature to a future GDU 37x software release.

- Matt

Last edited:
GDU 37x software version 10.10 was also released this week, and includes support for the estimated glide range ring and "best airport" bearing pointer. We plan to add the same "best airport line" feature to a future GDU 37x software release.

That's good news... Should have waited since I just updated to ver. 10 a couple weeks ago... But keep the improvements coming, I'll catch up eventually.

Thank, Brian.

New with V3.60 is the ability to turn on a line of chevrons on the map pointing to the Best Glide Airport.

This feature nicely complements the Best Glide Airport bearing pointer on the HSI.

46XGlideRingwithChevrons2.jpg

In this example, the Best Glide Airport is 4.6 nm behind and to the left of the aircraft, and this is easily seen on both the HSI and on the moving map.

To enable the new line of chevrons pointing to the Best Glide Airport from the Map page, select Menu, Setup Map, choose the Line page, and enable "Best Airport Line".

Thanks,
Steve
Steve - I have installed 3.6 however I don't see this option under Map Setup Lines. I see 4 track log options and the last option is track vector in the lines menu but that's it.

I have double checked and made sure 3.6 is installed.

Any ideas?

I have installed 3.6 however I don't see this option under Map Setup Lines. I see 4 track log options and the last option is track vector in the lines menu but that's it.

I have double checked and made sure 3.6 is installed.

Any ideas?

Hello Steve,

It sounds as if you may have skipped the steps to configure your G3X Touch system with the glide performance of your airplane. Please see section 29.4.10 of the current G3X installation manual:

Values must be entered for VG (best glide speed) and Sink Rate (at VG) to enable the Glide Range Ring and Best Airport Indication functions.

- Matt

Hello Steve,

It sounds as if you may have skipped the steps to configure your G3X Touch system with the glide performance of your airplane. Please see section 29.4.10 of the current G3X installation manual:

- Matt

Thanks Matt. Will do!

edit: That was it of course. I downloaded the new docs so hopefully I won't have anymore dumb questions for at least a day or two. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back