What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oshkosh RV Social 2014

Ok, arrangements made, I'll be there again this year to drink all of your beer Dan! My -9 is sold, so I'll be riding up from San Antonio on my CBR500 :D

Ok, arrangements made, I'll be there again this year to drink all of your beer Dan! My -9 is sold, so I'll be riding up from San Antonio on my CBR500 :D

Not my beer...it's the Fairy and all her friends.

Hey, today is the 26th! Only 30 days and we'll start filling HBC.

The Beer Fairy has a favor to ask. She would love it if Van and the tent crew would drop by. Especially Van......

2dbjfk1.jpg

We're flying in this year!

This will be our first Oshkosh :) can't wait to see everyone and hang out! Mark us down for 3 spots Dan.

Oh.. and we are quite excited with our recent GRT (a beer sponsor) purchase. Were still playing around with it...learning how to use it.

a1hqC8dS4jsPhXZI4er4oxBIb1pwxYTuS4VGt85pdSI=w440-h330-p

Last edited:
Hey, can a non pilot , airplane loving guy attend? I will put something in the pot for the beer fairy!

Yes. If anyone asks, tell them you are my friend and looking into building an RV but do not know what model.

Umm, Gary, please review post #1:

Serious note..this is an RV owner/builder function. Any a$$hole we catch inviting his whole campground zone will be spotlighted, stripped naked, smeared with proseal, and rolled in tall grass. Likewise for those with bad manners. Think of it as VAF Rules with beer....keep it RV, and keep it nice.

Fact is, there is no hard rule about who can attend, and there's no cop at the door...but you can't do an event like this at OSH and issue a general invitation to all. Screw it up, and it's over.

Last edited:
We will be there

Dan
Count myself, Don, Steve, Dennis & Jerry (the OK gang) in :)
Figs

Umm, Gary, please review post #1:

Serious note..this is an RV owner/builder function. Any a$$hole we catch inviting his whole campground zone will be spotlighted, stripped naked, smeared with proseal, and rolled in tall grass. Likewise for those with bad manners. Think of it as VAF Rules with beer....keep it RV, and keep it nice.

Fact is, there is no hard rule about who can attend, and there's no cop at the door...but you can't do an event like this at OSH and issue a general invitation to all. Screw it up, and it's over.

I deleted my message.

In

Received clearance from my dispatcher today.

Spotted Cow if you're still counting.

John Siebold

Northern California

There will be 4 plus builders from Sonoma County flying in for beer (oh yea we will be staying for Aeroventure too).

Steve

RV Social

Pencil in a couple of Zimbabweans (one now Australian) to join in the festivities. Looking forward to meeting everybody in a couple of weeks. John.

Hey gang, we're not counting...no need to reserve a spot.

I hope this doesn't mean we have to get there on Sunday to claim a place in line to the kegs. Soon we'll be hiring out kids months in advance to stake our claim each year in advance.

The Beer Fairy needs a little help.

10xd4jl.jpg

Last year's tent lighting won't make it until Tuesday, so we need some lights for Monday night. Do we have someone who is driving in (perhaps camping in Scholler or Sleepy Hollow) who could bring a few strings of Christmas lights, a few HD extension cords, and a pack of tie wraps?

Believe me, you don't want to get caught in the dark with the old girl when she's drinking ;)

lights

I'm driving in on Sat. I could bring a string of work lights, cords and zip ties, unless the are too bright for beer drinking.

The Beer Fairy needs a little help.

10xd4jl.jpg

Last year's tent lighting won't make it until Tuesday, so we need some lights for Monday night. Do we have someone who is driving in (perhaps camping in Scholler or Sleepy Hollow) who could bring a few strings of Christmas lights, a few HD extension cords, and a pack of tie wraps?

Believe me, you don't want to get caught in the dark with the old girl when she's drinking ;)

Thanks Dan. I would also make sure everyone has bug spray. I heard a rumor that the mosquitos may be bad this year.

Jenny Estes

Be conservative!

Unfortunately, I won't be making it to Osh until Tuesday evening. So maybe everyone will be conservative Monday and ration the brew to last all week. Hint....hint...:D

Unfortunately, I won't be making it to Osh until Tuesday evening. So maybe everyone will be conservative Monday and ration the brew to last all week. Hint....hint...:D

Fat chance.

However (hint, hint), I heard NationAir Aviation Insurance (a great place for a quote, by the way), might have a few gallons of Spotted Cow at the tent on Wednesday evening.

Thanks

Fat chance.

However (hint, hint), I heard NationAir Aviation Insurance (a great place for a quote, by the way), might have a few gallons of Spotted Cow at the tent on Wednesday evening.

Good to know Dan. If there is, I have an uncanny ability to track it down.:cool:

First Oshkosh

I plan to be there Monday evening. My first Oshkosh, arriving by Suburban for the week. Repairs still not complete from:

91dbbe08cb8bb280b0a6243d8dccbb11_zps00760136.jpg

Looking forward to swapping stories!

Carl

Ouch! How'd it happen?

And I'll be at the social.

In February I posted details and there is a long thread (with bolt pics). I don't know how to post a link to a thread, so search VAF for

failure nose gear

and you will find more details. See you Monday! I'll be the guy wearing a VAF ball cap. :D

Carl

Last edited:
I'll be there!

Looks like I'll be leaving CA on Sunday and should be into OSH (for the first time!) Monday morning. Light Gray and Blue RV-6, 507RH. I'll be in HBC.

Doug

I'll be there and looking forward to my first Oshkosh.
Since I don't drink, someone can double up on consumption using me as a reason.
Tom H.

Even though I am coming via 6 wheel RV this year, I will be there, with a friend

See you all soon!

this year I'll be not there

:(

drink a beer for me : @ exact time you'll be there I'll say laudly

HELLO TO ALL MY VAF FRIENDS.

see you next year

Lisa and I had a good time and enjoyed meeting a number of fellow RV builders and pilots. Many thanks to the sponsors and to the fine folks we met. What a great way to wnd up our first full and exhausting day of our first Oshkosh trip!

Back