What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

The Hangar 'Taco Cart' ....pics.

DeltaRomeo

doug reeves: unfluencer
Staff member
(A place to put pics, and gather ideas for, these useful hangar friends.)

theVanCave Taco Cart .....v1.0
These are called 'ulility carts' online, but I call 'em taco carts, because that's what they remind me of (google taco cart and click on images). The gentleman who owned the hangar before me left this Rubbermaid (I think) cart, which I recently turned into 'theVanCave Taco Cart v1.0'. The things I want when walking around the plane looking for things to clean, tighten, air up, etc. Folded up sheet to lay on not in shot. The spray bottles hold water, Aero Cosmetics Wash/Wax degreaser, Wash/Wax regular and plexi cleaner. The tray of screws had my breakfast in it earlier in the week. The paper napkins are extras from breakfast/lunch collected over the past few weeks - they migrate glacially from my truck to here. Anal retentive owners unite!
Mine:
VanCaveTacoCart.jpg

In use:
tacocartinuse.jpg

Nice non marking casters too...Just don't get a screw caught in one of them, if your like me you will be half way across the hangar before you realize you just scratched the floor.
BTW they make great birthday presents from the kids.

Me too

I have three of them in my hangar, one always has the tool chest on it, and other tools that will not fit in the chest. The other two are outfitted to whatever task is at hand.

During the build one had rivets and riveting tools, the other had metal working tools. Later, one had electrical supplies and tools while the other had various hardware---screws, nuts, bolts, washers etc.

Very handy to have.

Here's mine.

mancave10.jpg

Since I'm in the building stage again, it is set up with the plans and bins for the parts bags. It is an AV cart from Office Depot. The nice thing is that is has electrical plugs in the back. I can plug in all my other tools here instead of dragging multiple extension cords around.

Same here, I have 3 of the smaller Harbor Freight carts. Rated for 500 pounds.
One even held up my engine while I bolted on the accessories, then rolled it over to the plane where I hoisted the engine onto the plane. :D

Back