What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DAR says OK

Berchmans

Well Known Member
I had my inspection yesterday, Sunday August 25th and now have my pink certificate and operating area limitations in the plane. Thanks to Rob Russell (DAR) for the inspection and comments on construction quality. He really was impressed with all the riveting, driven by my wife Peggy and bucked by me. I started construction on October 31st 2010 and completed well, now. My build hours were 1,357. First flight on Monday the 26th now planned. This website has been instrumental in helping solve many problems and questions I have had during the build. Thanks everyone. Will post some photos later.

Last edited:
Congratulations!!

Burke, congrats on having the newest RV in the country's biggest state:D

Photo of nearly finished product

Here is the plane ready to fly. The fiberglass is still in primer. First flight was on 8/26.

First flight

Congrats on your completion. Please tell me you you didn't complete a slow build -8 in less than 1,400 hours. I must be doing something wrong :(

Hours

Yep...I had to check the numbers my self...it was 1,357 hours from first rivet to first flight...slow build all the way...

40 hours complete

Winter is coming to Alaska so I had to make a concerted effort to complete my 40 hour Phase 1 flights before the snow flys. I made the first flight in N113DU on August 26 at Birchwood Airport. I landed at my home airport of Merrill Field at 5:30 PM on September 12th with 40.1 hours...only issue was a couple leaks at the brake cylinders in the cockpit which were easily fixed. Now I need to get busy with the finish work on the fiberglass parts which are just in primer coat at this time.

Winter is coming to Alaska so I had to make a concerted effort to complete my 40 hour Phase 1 flights before the snow flys. I made the first flight in N113DU on August 26 at Birchwood Airport. I landed at my home airport of Merrill Field at 5:30 PM on September 12th with 40.1 hours...only issue was a couple leaks at the brake cylinders in the cockpit which were easily fixed. Now I need to get busy with the finish work on the fiberglass parts which are just in primer coat at this time.

GREAT JOB getting your 40 hrs in under the wire. :)

Again, Congrats and keep us posted on your Alaskan travels. Lots of photos please.

Back