What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

OT. My new rocking chair, because a guy's gotta relax.

Paul Tuttle

Well Known Member
This ejection seat was in my shop the entire time I was building my 8. I sat in it many times in those days. I thought it was fitting to have it at the airport now that my plane is flying. I decided to build a rocking base for it and as it turns out it's pretty comfortable. The seat is out of a
F-101 Voodoo. It will be here for the Stanley fly-in. We're thinking 5 cents to sit in it 10 cents if you want to eject and a buck if you want to eject with a chute.

81g7.jpg

Paul,

Don't let the couch man from OSH see that. He might have another idea for it.

10 cents for me. US:D

Boomer

money back guarantee

for those who pay $1 for the eject + chute, do they get their money back if the chute fails to open? :eek:

Watch out for the Brown Shirts

Hope the goons from DHS don't see that; they might destroy your hangar looking for the rest of your 101 that you obviously have hidden somewhere. The fact that you removed the ejection seat proves beyond a doubt that you are planning a suicide mission.

for those who pay $1 for the eject + chute, do they get their money back if the chute fails to open? :eek:

Only 90 cents. You paid a dime to eject whether or not the chute opened. :p

I bet Vlad wants his nickel ride first though.

someone has to say it..........

Paul, that there 'jecshun chair thang,

it just ROCKS! :)

saving my dimes for the full ride!

( maybe install a mean subwoofer in the bottom; anyone pulls the flag, and eject initiation rumble starts up!!! then watch 'em run!! heeheeheeheeheeeee!)

CF-101 SEAT

''I'm betting that beast if from a CF-101, yes?''
-------------------------

Small world, I probably worked on the airplane this seat belongs to"...

Went supersonic for the first time in a 101...big, nice and comfy..

Many moons ago..:rolleyes:

Bruno
[email protected]

''I'm betting that beast if from a CF-101, yes?''
-------------------------

Small world, I probably worked on the airplane this seat belongs to"...

Went supersonic for the first time in a 101...big, nice and comfy..

Many moons ago..:rolleyes:

Bruno
[email protected]

Here's the ship it's out of. It says, Pilot 064 on the seat. My friend has many hours of flying time in that seat. Now he rocks in it while sitting on the deck.:)

McDonnell CF-101B Voodoo
first date: 19 February 1971 - Taken on strength

Ex USAF s/n 57-443, F-101B-100-MC. With No. 416 All Weather Fighter Squadron, CFB Bagotville, PQ. With No. 425 All Weather Fighter Squadron, CFB Bagotville, PQ, 1972 and again in 1983. Flew in 1972 squadron demonstration team, the Alouette Reds. With No. 409 Squadron, no dates known. Became Instructional Airframe 840 B on 7 January 1985. Used for battle damage repair training by No. 10 Field Technical Training Squadron at CFB Cold Lake, Alberta as late as 1995.

Another rocking chair for the Oberst Scroll FlugWerks Man Cave

Well,
OK, it's not an ejection seat, but it IS a rocking chair, and it DOES belong in my hangar...thus, it IS on topic. I retired from the Air Force in April after 26 years including 2000 hours in F-4 Phantoms. The folks in my Directorate, well, they built me an F-4...sorta. Does this qualify as a home-built?

photo+1.JPG

photo+2.JPG

CF-101064

Hi Paul

I'm sure I've worked on it..

I was based in Bagotville ( 425 SQN ) from Aug 1978 to Aug 1983 as an aeroengine technician...

I remember doing ground runs on this beast of an airplane..We had to use big cables to hold the airplane while doing AB runs..man that was fun...and Noisy..

The good old days..:rolleyes:

If my memory served me right, Kevin Horton also has a seat in his basement that he had to use out of a Tutor...Kevin could confirm if he reads this.

Cheers

Bruno

Looks good,

I am moving the stuff out of your old hanger today, everything is safely down south.

Take care

Needs ordnance under the wings:eek:

And, if it hasn't been said before, congratulations on the retirement.

photo+2.JPG

Bugsy's move

Looks good,

I am moving the stuff out of your old hanger today, everything is safely down south.

Take care

Bugsy, welcome back from the sandbox, Brother. Good luck with the next command. Try to make a little more progress on the Hangar Queen, eh?

Well,
OK, it's not an ejection seat, but it IS a rocking chair, and it DOES belong in my hangar...thus, it IS on topic. I retired from the Air Force in April after 26 years including 2000 hours in F-4 Phantoms. The folks in my Directorate, well, they built me an F-4...sorta. Does this qualify as a home-built?
]

Scroll,

Congrats on your retirement and welcome to the very select aviation rocking chair club. :D

If my memory served me right, Kevin Horton also has a seat in his basement that he had to use out of a Tutor...Kevin could confirm if he reads this.
Yeah, I've got the right seat from Tutor 114077 in my basement. It did its job perfectly, and I escaped with only minor injuries. The Safety Systems guys refurbished the seats and presented them to myself and the other pilot a few months after the accident.

Back