What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2nd annual 1P1 Summer Fly-In

Thermos

Well Known Member
Patron
Hi all,

My wife and I are sponsoring our second annual June fly-in at the Plymouth NH airport (1P1) on Saturday, 15 June. Last year's fly-in was small but very enjoyable, we had three RVs, a Piper Arrow, a Piper Pacer and a J-3 Cub.

1P1 is 2300'x90' and the turf is generally in very good condition during the late spring, summer and early fall. There's an office with restroom facilities on field, but no avgas - nearest fuel is Laconia (LCI), Moultonborough (MLB) or Concord (CON). More information on the airport is at...

http://www.airnav.com/airport/1P1

We'll have burgers, chips drinks and fixins. RSVPs are appreciated so we can get a head-count on eats. In case the weather doesn't cooperate, we'll slip to the following day.

See you on the 15th!

Dave and Ellen

I'll try to make it depending upon weather and school playoffs.

Claudio
3B4 - Littlebrook Airpark

2 more

Dave & Ellen,
My wife and I will be there. Looking forward to it. Our last Fly-In before heading back to the west coast.

Dan

it is on my ical. i love that airport. summer in new england.

both pics taken there.

img1168rc.jpg

img1233ks.jpg

Turbo, Dan, Claudio -

Great! We're looking forward to meeting you. See you at 1P1!

Dave

ok, what's the count up to? love that airport. are you having it in the hangar on the south side? :rolleyes:

We're up to perhaps 10 airplanes and 25 or so people, and we'll be cooking at the main airport building on the north side of the runway.

Dave

Field condition update

I've fielded some questions about the condition of the grass runway at 1P1 after the rain we've received in New England this week.

I spoke to the airport manager on Wednesday and he thought the field was in pretty good shape. I've also spoken with family in Plymouth this morning and they've received some rain since Wednesday but not as much as we've had here in Boston.

The east half of runway 30 is slightly higher and tends to drain better, so factor that into your touchdown planning.

I'll be in touch with the manager again tonight, and we'll be on the field tomorrow morning by 9 or so and I'll walk the runway to check conditions again. My cell number is 781 789 2768, don't hesitate to call me before you launch and I'll pass on any additional info that I have.

Dave

thanks

Thanks for a great Fly-In Dave and Ellen! Much appreciated.

Great food, great weather, awesome grass field and lots of RVs. Great way to spend a Saturday!

Thanks!

Dan

Thanks Dave for organizing this. It was one of those few grand days.

My copilot Jeff took these pictures.

Runway in excellent shape. Noah landing... a bit late a yard long :D

The Chief.

The Boss.

The Crowd.

The Machines.

After Dave's Fly in we gaggled to a random airport for desert. Dan was the Pathfinder. Everybody at the airport knows Turbo and every lady hugs him. I suspected a conspiracy but I couldn't prove it. They also parked my RV in the corner and an airfield official asked about my nationality :D

Thanks, Dave and Ellen!

Glad to meet a few new faces!

I have video, too; I will edit and provide a link after working out all the kinks.

Let me add to the photo pile. Thanks to my co-pilot who got some decent shots on the way from lunch (1P1) to dessert (KAFN):

Vlad, nice to meet you. This is about as good of a shot we had of you and Jeff just after takeoff:
IMG_1134_zps66e10f39.jpg

Flight Lead Dan
IMG_1155_zps3c3bbf9d.jpg

IMG_1173_zps9360043b.jpg

Turbo, nice to meet you, too.
IMG_1182_zps7c71879e.jpg

IMG_1167_zps46e74204.jpg

I'm ALMOST in the right spot, sorry to the guy behind me :eek:.
IMG_1187_zps24fe37d3.jpg

Maneuvering into Jaffrey. Don't get a large ice cream unless you haven't eaten all day or "co-pilot is paying"!
IMG_1231_zpsf200c9bc.jpg

-Andy

Thanks for the burger and the fun Dave and Ellen! Man, I need to be there earlier next time - formation flying for an ice cream! :D

Good seeing all you guys!

5-3.jpg

you guys got this one cover quite well. it was a cavu day and anyone who wanted to fly was out there. the freqs were blaring, the fuel was flowing, the burgers were smoking, and the laughs were a plenty.

from the right, Omega232Devils, dan and the 'golf pro'. will miss you when you head west soon.

vmans passenger,

our host, dave and ellen, Thermos, thanks for the chow and thinking of us.

the energizer bunny flyer who gets the most mpgs around, VLAD!!!

the owner of this yellow and white rv, steve richardson, ???? on vat.

Mr Agent Orange him self and the quite one, man that rv looks good in the air.

and me, thumbs up to all here and there flying, building, and dreaming of flying these incredible aircraft. :)

57618435926319081128511.jpg

We're glad everyone had a great time, it's exactly what we were hoping for! Stay tuned for next year....

Meanwhile, here are some additional pictures I posted in my building blog -

http://mightyrv.com/?p=2200

Thanks for sharing your day with us!

Dave and Ellen

More pictures

Here are some pictures my Co-Pilot and I took. Also a couple arrival videos.

Can they still be called 'Ramp Fleas' if it was an RV Fly-In???

Andy and Allison flying in!

The 'infamous' Turbo... (Next time you talk to Turbo ask him about his new 'radio' voice!!! Very sophisticated!):cool:

Sorry Andy, this was from the co-pilots seat.

You can download and watch Andy (Agent Orange) landing here!

Or watch the Russian Avenger touch down here!

Last edited:
unable to load any videos here.

i am still on a reduced calorie intake since the ice cream extravaganza.

that sure was a fun group. :):)
img0783jo.jpg

Maneuvering into Jaffrey. Don't get a large ice cream unless you haven't eaten all day or "co-pilot is paying"!
-Andy

Andy....I use to go into Jaffery in the 70's on solo x/c when I was 16 years old. Use to get fried clams at the bottom of the hill....Yum!! It was called the Silver L Ranch.....now its an Ice Cream place (I forget the name) but it has the greatest MAPLE WALNUT ice cream (my favorite!) Its a great place to fly into! No doubt it got the VLAD seal of approval for all things edible!:D

Short Video

Bob, Jaffrey's Airport is called Silver Ranch Airpark, and is still there. The restaurant next door (down the hill, quick walk) is called Kimball Farms... will have to test their maple walnut one of these times.

So, I finally got the time to edit and upload a video... check it out (definitely not a pro at this yet!). Still getting used to the GoPro -- I'm wondering if the shudder in the video is related to the propeller. I will turn the video to the side next time to see if it goes away. The mount is pretty stout and damped well, but there may always be some vibration.

http://youtu.be/Y1zIsuKs7us

-AO

Sweet pic. Thanks! Vlad's cowl was in the video briefly during takeoff. Being #3/4, he never crossed my path again. Next time for sure!

Hi Dave,
Any summer 2015 plans? :)
I think so Vlad, maybe June? We're also gonna burn some burgers at KASH at the hangar sometime earlier, but come on up anytime - there's always the Midfield Cafe!

Dave

Back