What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pancakes and 100LL

hydroguy2

Well Known Member
Spring time in the Rockies is a busy time for a Hydroguy. But today I was off, the weather was beautiful and I could smell pancakes and sausage. Let's go get some Fly-in breakfast.

Plan for the morning was Townsend(8U8) to Stevensville (32S) for Airport Appreciation day. My Motto: will fly for food

Took off about about 9am. Climbout from Townsend was wonderful, here's looking east over Canyon Ferry Lake

a few minutes later...Looking west into the Elkhorns near Winston MT

About 1/2 way this is looking south the Pintler Wilderness in the distance

Dropping over the ridge into the Bitteroot Valley to Stevensville

Aurora on the ramp at 32S with Bitteroots Mtns behind

Travis P brought his RV-4

Bryan D with his sweet RV-10 discussing ADS-B traffic stuff

Thunderbee...a chevy powered seabee. pretty slick little Austin Healey too

Jerry T recently airworthy -9A, waiting for transition training before 1st flight(soon). love the green

Carbon Cub had 3 planes there....anyone have a spare $200K

continued...

Cool little barn sitting watching us depart RY30

Bumpy up next to the hills, so we detoured to the lake. North end of Canyon Ferry Lake looking Southeast. 5500' descending towards Cemetery Island.

Canyon Ferry Cabins from 4200'

At home, we sat out in the sun for a bit enjoying the view with our hangar neighbors.

Flight time as 45minutes going over... including headwind and a go around. it's only 112nm, but we wandered around checking to sites. Coming back we had a few bumps, but running low over the lake is always a blast.

Keep going to the shop and pounding those rivets. Do something everyday.

Life is GOOD!

Nice little barn

I've been over some places of yours Brian good memories. :)

902576250c0f5b7f3e1d1126b5873dc8_zps55ea5f74.jpg

be322e871e84d4b9e561cdd00221782e_zps50dd19e7.jpg

Back