What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

my flight analysis

Strasnuts

Well Known Member
I think this is great info. I would have loved seeing this as I was building just to see actual flight info including: Speeds, EGT's, CHT's and so on. As you can see there are a bunch of options. This is a flight from SLC to DVT while running LOP. I welcome any comments.

You may have to create a log in but well worth it. It's free for a trial period.

https://www.savvyanalysis.com/my-flights/1729/ee3380c9-de2a-4efc-9bdc-4792a53973f3

Thanks Bill for showing me this program.

Last edited:
Sean, I've been using this for a while to flow match my injectors. The great feature of this site is to allow you to review all of your engine and flight parameters.
I see your GAMI spread on this flight is right on the money!

looking good!

That certainly is a picture of good health as far as the engine goes.
I am using EGview software and it was not free. Looking at your program it seems every bit as good as what I am using.
What do you think makes them give it away for free?
Are there hidden charges or is this a trial version?
I enjoy looking at these graphs hoping that one day I'll be able to spot a problem before it develops into an emergency.

162 TAS at 9.9 GPH in cruise... Nice!

Those numbers look really good compared to the 145 TAS at 13 GPH in the Skylane I'm flying now!

Looks good, although you might find that you can get more speed out of her by not running so LOP, maybe 10-20 LOP would do it. Of course slowing down means less drag, less losses so for efficiency that is pretty awesome, but the best HP per pound of fuel you will get do better with a half gallon per hour more.

Nice work!

BTW you had me worried, I saw takeoff fuel flow at around 20GPH :eek: Then I realised SLC is where you left from! Another piece of good work!

Looks good, although you might find that you can get more speed out of her by not running so LOP, maybe 10-20 LOP would do it.

Point taken. I agree, I could get closer to peak when below 65% power. At that point CHT is my limitation, which wouldn't get that high anyway.

Thanks for looking it over. Love the input.

Back