- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 09-25-2012, 10:16 AM

Default Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokyray View Post
Indy,

Have fun brother, glad I could be a small part of the adventure...

Smokey
Dues gladly paid in Iraq...
Gladly paid to DR anyway...
You got that right, Smokey! Thanks for all of your help--not just the consultation on the trip but helping me have the plane to be able to do it.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:43 PM

Default Day 3...stuck

The good news: linkup complete with Aussie. The bad news: this was pretty much the theme of the day here.

If that wasn't enough I got out to the plane to find a flat tire and a minor brake leak. I guess God didn't think we should leave St. Louis today. And who am I to argue with the Big Guy. Of all places to get stuck, though, hometown is a pretty good one.

BIG thanks to Aero Charters maintenance and line service. They were on the spot and determined to get the plane back in the air and get us on our way. Once the plane was back Code 1 and weather kept us grounded they put both Paul and I in the hangar with the jets for the night "on the house". I appreciated when they called to tell me that, but said an extra thank you when I heard the hail later.

Last edited by Indy : 09-25-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:14 AM

Awww come on!!! I see a clear area right over your location. You could have made it easily!

Glad you were in a familiar area when you needed maintenance help. Have fun, be safe, and keep those trip reports coming for the rest of us in work prison.
Old 09-29-2012, 10:57 PM

Very true. Sorry I haven't provided more updates. We've been so busy flying and seeing things all day that we haven't had time to upload pictures to post, but I will; and when I do they will be awesome.

Big shout out to the crew at Flabob and EAA Chapter 1. We arrived last night for their annual fly-in and first ever aerial cavalcade. Well done.

Updates that will be coming: Colorado Springs, Leadville, San Juan Mountains, Monument Valley, Lake Powell, Grand Canyon (twice), Sedona, Hoover Dam/Las Vegas, Death Valley, Flabob, Catalina Island, and Yosemite.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:35 AM

Hey Matt,

I just got a great email from Rick Smith. Thanks for mentoring him. He would sure like to be on that trip with you. Sounds like fun.
RV-8, "Miss Izzy", 2100+ RV Hours
Track Me
VAF 2017 Donor
"He who demands everything that his aircraft can give him is a pilot; he that demands one iota more is a fool."
Old 10-05-2012, 02:20 PM

Smokey,
Yep, Rick has the passion. Wouldn't be surprised if he joins the RV family. The trip has been great...now time to catch up on the updates!
Old 10-06-2012, 12:10 AM

Default Day 3.1 -- Go west young man!

St. Louis is the Gateway to the West, so no more appropriate place to link up with Aussie and head west. After sitting out the storms for a day we loaded up and moved out. Many thanks to Aero Charter for putting us inside...especially since it decided to hail.

Load up!

And move out!

The rain lifted and ended up being a great day to fly

Starting at the same place as Lewis and Clark, we set out along their path following the Missouri River.

Missouri wine country. Yes, Missouri has a wine country!

Missouri Capitol

For me a trip down memory lane as I had my first flying lesson off of RWY 20 at KCOU while at the University of Missouri

Go Tigers!

Overflight of Whiteman AFB.