What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Turbo's headed north

turbo

Well Known Member
its time to depart florida for the north east. can't beat new england in the summer for flying. looking forward to seeing the rvers up there.

you can track me on http://flightaware.com/live/

type in n26ed . ill be monitoring 123.15 all day. 5am departure from stuart, st augustine arrival 6:15 top off depart for suffolk co virginia arrival at 10am. depart for barnes westfield mass, arrival about 1pm. thats the plan. inflight food service is looking great. need to beat the buildups, filed ifr all the way.

if it turns out to be interesting ill post some pics. best to all. see you at OSH. :)

There's ice cream at 53VG :)

Have a good flight. Our Coastal Virginia weather report for tomorrow is looking the best of the week.

I am doing first condition inspection and getting ready for your NE Monday breakfasts :D Will be tracking you tomorrow.

vman, looks like you did 500 hours first year. congrats on a fantastic year. i am impressed. by the looks of your us map with the flown routes, you need a flight to la california, grand canyon, sedona, ect. look her over good. see you soon. :)

Vlad, lets make a plan!

;). CJ

John, now we have to listen to the Big Brother Turbo :D where he goes we follow...

Btw I've been to Plymouth multiple times but never ate at airport restaurant. How is food there? Do they serve borsch? Or pelmeni?

on the ground in ct. great uneventful trip.7.6 on the hobbs with 2 stops lots of haze south of jersey. good fir practice with no horizon. dipped my wings when over 53vg. going too fast to stop. :) lets go flying.

Glad you are "north" for the summer! Tracked you as best I could but was bunkered at 53VG (doing the capitalist swine thing) - I will be watching for the Monday Breakfast Destinations and hope for one or two close enough to join!

John, now we have to listen to the Big Brother Turbo :D where he goes we follow...

Btw I've been to Plymouth multiple times but never ate at airport restaurant. How is food there? Do they serve borsch? Or pelmeni?

Hahaha, with a name like "plane janes" i wouldnt count on it!

We will be back in town thursday. We leave 8B0 in the morning.

:cool: CJ

Glad you're there safe Ed. I got concerned when I didn't see a track for a while. I figured you were taking a weather break. We'll be talking about you at breakfast this morning at OBE. Say hi to Vlad for us. Great article by the way in Sport Aviation.

img0783jo.jpg

this was one of my earliest arrivals to ct ever. 200 miles along and the sun was rising in st augustine fl. a few people tracking me called after i landed. very nice. thanks for calling.

img0787ls.jpg

this is my abode for the summer. CT62 is the helipad behind our factory. the hanger hosts the R-44 and a 18' trailer i call my home. the RV is a 40 minute drive north to Kbaf. a rented hanger keeps my babe very happy till october when both aircraft will be flown south. saw 2 rvs in the hangers next to me that are just sitting there collecting dust. an 8 and a 4. sad.

breakfast flight is planned for tuesday 9am at laconia nh wx permitting.

its off to marthas vinyard with my brother in the r-44. that is the preferred mode of transportation. i think i have the shortest commute ever but not to a RV. best to all. get building. we are a lucky group of aviators. :):)

its that time of year again. wednesday morning early is lookn like my departure time. destination this season will be simsbury ct, 4b8. this is a great little club owned airport on the west side of bradleys class c. there is an active eaa chapter there and a 20 minute drive from home base. see you all in the north east. :)
imageebe.jpg

Have a safe flight.
One of these days I'll make it back up there to hook up with you.
My family lives in near Nashua (KASH). I used to fly out there and went to college at Daniel Webster which is based at that airport.
You never know. ;)

Last edited:
Back