VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 05-06-2012, 03:29 PM

Default Lightspeed and mag rpm issue.

So all has been great and all of a sudden i find I am tweaking my mix and not running steady rpm. Last two flights the rpm just doesnt sit flat, keep getting 2-300rpm spikes. Mix adjustment etc doesnt help. Go to altitude and try both lightspeed only and all is fine. Mag side only, all is fine. But tach when running on both is erradic and you can hear it...not just a bad reading.

Lastly, engine starting was hard for first time ever today. Hmm. Any ideas? Will take cowl off and check all wires, grounds etc...but odd it only acts up when selected on BOTH. Will also ensure key switch connections are all good too.

Anyone clever have any other suggestions......

Osh 11,12. Sun N Fun 2013. Flew to Cali/up pacific to Washington/Vancouver/crossed the Rockies east across Canada. North to Red Deer Alberta and Moosonee Ontario East to Maritimes Canada. South east to Jekyll Isl on atlantic, Cedar Key and Key West too! 7 islands of Bahamas too! Flown 2 turtles and one dog for Pilots n Paws too. Love our Rv's