What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

2 folding bikes in a tip up 7A

ginge

I know there has been a few threads on the whole topic of folding bikes. I thought I'd update everyone on what I have tried in my tip up 7A.

Initially I had 2 Citizen Tokyo bikes (www.citizenbike.com ~ $160USD). They fit OK, but they are a bit of a pain in the rear to get in the back.

Now I have 2 Brompton M6L bikes. (www.brompton.co.uk). They are a 'little' more expensive ($1200USD+), but so much easier to get in the back of the RV, since they lock together with the cables and chain inside the bike. They are about 25lbs each. Amazing quality bikes, way, WAY ahead of the others I've tried.

See pictures. They can be loaded easily enough by one person, but a helper is handy on the second. Put a bike on the wing, step up on the wing, step into the plane with the bike and lower it over the back of the seat (put a towel on the seat for protection). For the second bike, lower it over the other seat side then slide it in behind the other. Both behind the pilot or passenger. This way they can't move.
33paj5s.jpg

2mpy39l.jpg

2mwtkec.jpg

I hope someone finds this post useful!

Cheers,
..lance

Thank you. The question of whether two Bromptons would fit in a SBS RV has been around for a long time. I just have one Brompton and thought it would work, but couldn't prove it.

DSC00790.jpg

Last edited:
Back