What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Prototype RV-8 Intersection Fairings

Janekom

Well Known Member
Patron
After the success we have had with the other models ( Thanks fellow builders ) we did the obvious thing and below you can see the proto type set of RV8 intersection fairings. They have been test fitted to two different RV8's and they really fit well. Specially the two top ones were not easy to make. See below.

RVB_INT_RV8_1.jpg

RVB_INT_RV8_2.jpg

Note: I just had to apply a little bit of rattle can gold paint to bring out the shapes nicely.

fairings

As I've said before, as soon as you have a pair of upper intersection fairings for sale let me know. I'll be your first customer. You have an email somewhere to that effect. Thanks.

David Watson email me at [email protected]

Please help the hapless 8A builders

Any chance you guys will fabricate fairings for orphan 8A builders?

Thanks for the interest shown :)
I have made contact with the first person who has sent me an e-mail message in order to find out if he wants the first production set. If he does and it fits well, I post here again and then it will be live on the web site with pricing and shipping cost.

So please hang in there for a few days.
There are no 8A's in South Africa and therefore I cannot do it.

RV-6

Just a quick note for those that don't know.

I received my RV-6 intersection fairings from Jan in about a week. They were priced right and the fit out-of-the-box was fabulous. All my RV buddies are jealous after the amount of work they had to do fitting theirs. I will post a photo soon but just wanted everyone to know Jan's fairings are the best.

I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone.
(No affiliation, just a satisfied and grateful customer)

Last edited:
Guys I have a set available and need someone who is ready to install it right now. Not in a month or two please.

I will send one set to this person with the understanding that he takes some pictures to show me how they fit etc. If he is happy with it, I would like to get paid for it at that stage.

I'll take a pair of uppers and meet all your requirements. Can have them on tomorrow!

Hi Scott,
I am a bit slow at picking up that there ia a PM:confused:
Sent you a reply. Thanks.

Update

The first set of Uppers should reach the first customer in Florida, any day now. I will then report back here.

fairings

Jan,

I just got the RV8 upper intersection fairings and I am very impressed!!!! I wish I could do so well with fiberglass. I'll check the fit when I get home tonight and report back to you tomorrow. From what I see, you can go ahead and start delivering these things to want-to-be buyers. They look fantastic. Thanks for allowing me to be first.

David Watson
49FD

Great. :D
That was quick. Exactly one week since I have mailed it.
Let us know how they fit - do not forget the pictures please.

fairings

Jan,

The fairings "hand fit" perfectly on my airplane. I have a few nutplates to install and some other installation considerations before I can get you any pictures, but they fit the profile of the airplane very well. It will take me a week or two to get them completely installed because of my "life duties", but I'll get it done. The fairings are excellent though. Go ahead and fill the orders.....you do great work.

David Watson
49FD

fairings

I don't know Jan and Jand doesn't know me. I think he is just being super careful to make sure he provides a good product for the RV community. I believe that he is taking all of the necessary steps to insure his reputation remains stellar.

I don't have the pictures yet, and probably won't for a couple of weeks, BUT Jan's fairings are of far better quality than the pieces that came in my finish kit from Vans. I'm not knocking Vans; they are much better than I could ever do, but Jan's fairings fit and only need sanding and painting. They are very, very nice.

David Watson
49FD

I don't know Jan and Jand doesn't know me. I think he is just being super careful to make sure he provides a good product for the RV community. I believe that he is taking all of the necessary steps to insure his reputation remains stellar.

I don't have the pictures yet, and probably won't for a couple of weeks, BUT Jan's fairings are of far better quality than the pieces that came in my finish kit from Vans. I'm not knocking Vans; they are much better than I could ever do, but Jan's fairings fit and only need sanding and painting. They are very, very nice.

David Watson
49FD

I didn't know the new finishing kits came with upper intersection fairings, at least not for the -8?

Thanks guys :D
I feel so priviledged to help my RV brother's dreams come true!!

I was just looking at your website and see that you plan on selling these as a set of 4. Will I be able to get just the upper intersection fairings alone?

Any idea on a date? Sorry to keep asking, but we are getting down to the end of our build and I'm too excited to be patient.

pieces

Matt,

When I said "pieces" I meant the fiberglass pieces that came in the finish kit......the empennage fairing, wheel pant fairings, etc. The upper intersection fairings do not come with Van's finish kit for the RV8s. You are correct.

David

Now available online

Please note that the RV8 fairings are now available online. Aslo just the uppers should you wish to order uppers only. Just go to www.rvbits.com and click on International Webstore

I have replied to you Matt - thanks :)

Order placed, thanks alot!

I received my fairings and I should be installing them within the next week. I did just an initial fit check and they appear to be right on the money. The finish on them is flawless as well, all they need is paint. Perfect, thanks alot, you just saved me a ton of time.

Back