What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bad Lands Fly In

Kaye and I were on a road trip last week and were in the area on Friday so we stopped in to say hi to Larry. Sorry we missed everyone. The bus had already left for Mt Rushmore by the time we got there. The weather was perfect and South Dakota is a beautiful place. Next year I'm hoping to fly the RV-9A to the fly-in. One thing I didn't plan for was the road closures on I-29 in Missouri and Iowa. The flooding is still causing big problems along the river.

I had a great time at the fly-in. I enjoyed visiting with friends from last year and meeting new ones. A big thanks to Larry Vetterman for putting on the fly-in. Great motivation to get back to work on the project. Here are some pictures I took of the trip. A few of them are of the mammoth dig that is going on in Hot Springs. See you again next year!

Last edited:
Sherri and I had a great time at the Third annual....hooked up with old friends and met new ones. We didn't make it to Utah, as planned, so we diverted to Branson, MO to meet up with family. Logged almost 15 hours. We look forward to hosting any cookout in West Bend, WI anytime anyone is in the area. Thank you Larry and Cathy V! Rick and Sherri

Back