What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

No money for a prop

rv10soon

After buying a rebuilt engine and FWF kit my credit cards are tapped out. I need to keep building and trim my cowling so I need a block of hard wood the same size as a propeller hub to bolt on to the starter gear so I can mount 1/16 inch spacers and get my cowl installed. Does anyone have the dimensions of a real hartzell propeller hub for a 10?

RV-10 Soon

All you need to do is borrow the tool that we Rocket guys use for cowling installs. Its just a disc with a hole in that that clecos to the face of the cowling, and a shaft that gets bolted onto the crank flange with some markings on it. The cowl and disc just slides over the shaft.

Might want to listen to Dave Ramsey about your credit card situation.

Its just a disc with a hole in that that clecos to the face of the cowling, and a shaft that gets bolted onto the crank flange with some markings on it. The cowl and disc just slides over the shaft.

Not really clear, do you have a picture of this item?.......:eek:

PROP SIMULATION

I called Vans tech. assist. line and was told to go to construction/FAQ and this subject was quite well covered by a tech. paper. For a constant speed prop. just cut 3/4" PVC pipe into six 2+1/8" spacers and mount the spinner back plate to the crank ring gear with these spacers in place.

Worked for me.

Back