I'm back on the tools and building again now, after a 20 year break, and picking up where I left off on the part-build fuselage. Before moving house for the third time, I took pictures of the fuselage skeleton to help with putting it back together again at the new workshop. The old workshop was 14 feet by 20 feet and I found it a bit awkward to build efficiently in a small-ish place.
I partially disassembled the fuselage frame by separating the section behind the baggage compartment. The front section fit into a box trailer and the jig went on top of my Toyota for the 400km drive. I took the wings on a separate trip, on the same trailer, sitting on top of a foam mattress.
Now at the new workshop, which is much bigger, I have reassembled the jig and the fuselage frame and also took the opportunity to de-burr and prime those parts that I did not get to do 20 years ago.
So far I have been really enjoying working on the project again. It is helpful to have a bit of a distraction from the crazy virus thing that is affecting all of us at the moment.
I am going slowly and carefully and checking over everything that Younger Me did. Most of it is making sense and I've found a couple of mistakes that I've fixed. I've got the latest plans on CD and have been checking back and forth against the paper drawings that originally came with the kit. I'm following the Frank Justice manual and the extra detail is helpful.
Of course VAF has been a great help to get me motivated again and to know that this can be done! Building on in interesting times!!