What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PDA360EX Audio Panel

FireMedic_2009

Well Known Member
I bought a PDA360EX audio panel replacing my GMA240 which uses the same tray. I have GTN650 as my Com1 and Dynon as Com2. I've noticed that I get squealing intermittenly during transmit especially on Com2. I don't remember getting that on the GMA240.

The PDA360EX has an automatic squelch so there is no adjustment. Is anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks

Squealing is usually a feedback issue where some "leaked" RF energy from the transmitter is being picked up by wiring which ultimately carries it to the audio panel.

I'd go looking for proximity of your COMM1 coax cable to ANY other wiring, particularly if that coax runs in parallel with other wiring. One should strive to keep the coax cables separated from other wiring if at all possible, and if not, the coax should cross other wire bundles at 90 degrees or as close to it as possible in order to minimize the chances of this kind of feedback.

Additionally, if your COM1 coax is the old black RG58 cable you may wish to consider replacing it with the newer gold-coloured RG400 cable which offers better shielding (less energy leaking out).

Back