What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

REB37 plug availability

Jake14

Well Known Member
Had a cracked insulator on one of the Champion REB37E (B= 13/16" reach) plugs on the IO 390 and was looking to buy a replacement locally. To my surprise, no-one within 100 miles of Seattle has one for sale! Lots of large shops here with parts departments and aircraft supply stores, and everyone has REM's but not one REB!

Just an FYI for the 390 owners.... carry a spare plug on your trips :)

Anyone know of a suitable temporary substitute while I wait for the ACS shipment?

Had a cracked insulator on one of the Champion REB37E (B= 13/16" reach) plugs on the IO 390 and was looking to buy a replacement locally. To my surprise, no-one within 100 miles of Seattle has one for sale! Lots of large shops here with parts departments and aircraft supply stores, and everyone has REM's but not one REB!

Just an FYI for the 390 owners.... carry a spare plug on your trips :)

Anyone know of a suitable temporary substitute while I wait for the ACS shipment?

Here is Lycoming's approved plug SI.
https://www.lycoming.com/sites/default/files/SI1042AG%20Approved%20Spark%20Plugs.pdf

Table 4 shows REB37E is Champions #. Tempest (formerly Unison) has the equivalent as UREB37E. There is also the optional choice if Champions fine wire listed as REB36S.

Back