What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon 1000 and getting trim adjustment to work

NinerBikes

Well Known Member
2015 build RV-12 with a Dynon 1000 Touch.... we can see the trim gauge DISPLAY showing in the center instrument panel with all the red yellow and green gauges, in the lower right quadrant, but no indication where it really is, or when it is configured "clean" for takeoff.

However, something was missed in set up of the D1000 that shows on the scale of the gauge where the actual elevator trim tab is, in relationship to maximum up and maximum down on the trim tab, and where ZERO or no trim tab is, when the stick is in the middle and neutral.

Suggestions on Menu, where to go and look, and procedure to set it up correctly, proper range and verify on the gauge on the EFIS? A couple of older guys not the most menu or computer savvy. No 2 axis autopilot feature, yet, perhaps later on this year, order the servos.

Dynon 1000 Touch was ordered straight from Van's RV.

Last edited:
Not sure I exactly understand the problem but you can do the Trim Calibration by simultaneously pressing and holding buttons 7 & 8 to get into Setup. Scroll down to Hardware Calibration then TRIM MOTOR CONFIGURATION. It's been a while since I did that but I think it has you run the trim all the up & down to set the limits and I think also lets you set the takeoff trim position indicator.

Thanks, I'll show instructions to him and we will give it a go. This is for the Trim Up and Trim Down rocker panel switch in the middle of the dash. We are trying to get the range to display on the EFIS and know what takeoff clean configuration is... the graph isn't showing the setting at "0" or no trim.

Last edited:
Back