What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tunnel access panel location

UnPossible

Well Known Member
Hey - looking at many of the "what would you have done different" posts, it seems like adding an access panel to one or both sides of the tunnel is at the top of the list. So I figured it would make sense to add these before I riveted on the side skins.

What I'd like to know from the folks that are maintaining a RV-10, is exactly where along the tunnel is the best place to locate the openings... better further forward, aft, or pretty much centered?

If anyone has pictures of what has worked well for them, I'd love to see them.

Thanks,
Jason

Hey - looking at many of the "what would you have done different" posts, it seems like adding an access panel to one or both sides of the tunnel is at the top of the list. So I figured it would make sense to add these before I riveted on the side skins.

What I'd like to know from the folks that are maintaining a RV-10, is exactly where along the tunnel is the best place to locate the openings... better further forward, aft, or pretty much centered?

If anyone has pictures of what has worked well for them, I'd love to see them.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason,
It all depends on where you plan on mounting things in the tunnel. For instance, I'm using the EFII 32 system and will be placing my electrical fuel pumps in the tunnel. In my case, I put one one access panel in beforehand but after placing my EFII 32 pieces in there, I wish my access panel was further aft.

Look at where you're fuel filter will be, you want access so you can easily get to this each year at your annual.

Lynn

Back