What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Baffle kit with ShowPlanes cowl

RandyAB

Well Known Member
I have my finish kit coming and was looking at adding stuff from the FWF kit. It seems that I already have most of the stuff. I?m going to add the baffle kit and the motor bolt submit. The question that I have is whether the baffling will work with the ShowPlanes cowl. If so, is the entire kit coming compatible or only portions of it? I see things like intake baffling and I know that the intakes are different between the two cowls. This is baffling....,,

The answer is...kind of

I have the SP cowl and intake system. I bought the baffle kit from Van's.

The baffle kit will definitely get you on your way and save a lot of time. The forward portion of the baffle kit will have to be modified, though, to work with the SP cowl.

In my opinion, it was worth the cost, as it gives you something to work with. I would recommend getting it.

Also, make sure that you CONFIRM the VA-187 4" SCAT flange is in the FWF kit. It is NOT included in the baffle kit...even though it is like the first step in the baffle kit instructions.

The VA-186 oil cooler mount is also MUCH easier to install before the engine mount goes on. I ordered it ahead of time.

I did not order the FWF kit so i cannot say what actually comes with it...

Back