Home > VansAirForceForums

- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > RV General Discussion/News
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2018, 08:14 AM
Thumbs up I'll be there!

The engine is back on the mount with the aid of Gary Sobeck and I am busy installing all the accessories, baffles, etc. My target is to get it done in time to break in the engine and get in a few flights to practice the new Intermediate Known sequence. The new canopy is in place but it will be ugly without paint for now. I'm expecting lots of power from the Danny Bond built motor so you all had better step up your game. See you at Dunnellon.
Ron Schreck
IAC Director and National Judge
Redline Airshows Pilot
RV-8, "Miss Izzy", 2100+ RV Hours
Track Me
VAF 2018 Donor
"He who demands everything that his aircraft can give him is a pilot; he that demands one iota more is a fool."
Old 03-11-2018, 07:09 PM

Just a quick reminder.... The IAC judges’ school at CSG is next weekend, Mar 17 & 18. This is a great way to learn whether you’re a flyer or not.
Jerry Esquenazi
RV-8 N84JE
Old 03-14-2018, 09:50 AM

Be sure to catch Ron Schreck's webinar on RV acro, March 27, 2018, 7:00pm CST

Ron will discuss everything from flying aerobatics for air shows, to competition or just for fun. How to equip your RV for aerobatics, maneuver basics, safety and more. Ron is a National IAC judge and competes in the Intermediate competition category in his RV-8, "Miss Izzy".

And while not an IAC event, be aware Bill Finagin will be at Triple Tree Aerodrome the week before SnF to conduct his famous advanced upset/spin training in his Pitts S-2C. Valuable and worthwhile training for any acro pilot and goes beyond the basic upright spin training that many may have already experienced. Details below.
Old 03-15-2018, 01:19 PM

As promised, here is some more information concerning the IAC Regional Judges school this weekend. It’s being held Saturday and Sunday at CSG. This a great way to learn about the sport without committing resources. Please send me a pm or email if you would like to attend.

“Hello Everyone,

Looks like our judges school will be well attended for both Saturday and Sunday. Many entertaining personalities are on the list. Here is our schedule:

Friday afternoon-
Some folks are arriving early, there will be an informal supper at the Blue Iguana Mexican restaurant, 7- 8:00 PM. Everyone is welcome to attend early or late.
The restaurant is located on the East side of the I- 185 just as you turn off, 2301 Airport Thruway
For those wanting to fly in, please coordinate your arrival with "Flightways" FBO.

Saturday morning-
Please park in the open wedge shaped lot on the West side of the main terminal building, the gate should be down.
Please plan to be at the Columbus main terminal lobby area at 8:15 to 8:30 AM.
Someone will be there to meet you and show you the way through security to the classroom area on the upper floors.
Official class will start at 9:00 AM
Lunch break at 12:00
No official class stop time,
There will be a dinner at the Flournoy's house, 7:00 to 10:30PM

Sunday morning-
Morning start will probably be 7:30 to 8:00 AM, our instructor will brief us on the time for Sunday once we get to a stopping point on Saturday.
Lunch break at 12:00
Afternoon- Target finish is 3:30 to 4:00PM

Lunch will be provided both days,

Charge for both days is $US 45.00.”
Jerry Esquenazi
RV-8 N84JE