VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Old 02-13-2018, 09:34 AM

Default Having trouble with my uAvionnix support ticket

Has anybody had trouble with viewing their uAvionix support tickets? I've been getting emails from them stating that they have commented on my help ticket. They have a link in the email which I click and that takes me to my ticket but I don't see a reply from them. At the bottom there is a button that says "load newer replies" which I click but I still don't see anything. I've logged out and logged back in...nothing. What's the trick here?

Pink slip issued: 5/7/12

First flight: 5/28/12, Memorial Day.

Phase I Complete: 8/18/12!

2018 donation: complete
Old 02-25-2018, 04:29 PM

Default Thanks Nick!

A Super thanks to a very helpful guy-Nick Cain
Enjoyed talking to you

Ted Chipps
Old 03-08-2018, 12:24 PM

Default Echo configuration parameters?

I finally got a chance to get a good test flight in today. Apparently the Echo was causing enough altitude errors that ATC asked me to turn mode C off. After about five minutes I asked if I could turn mode C back to ALT and turn my ADS-B off, which they approved. I had no more problems for the rest of the flight.

I read some people adjusted the Echo parameters to SDA=2 and Transponder Threshold=1450 (I currently have 1 and 1600). Is this reasonable? I'm not sure what these numbers represent, so I hesitate to to just change them randomly! I'm configured to sniff the transponder ("Transponder Monitor"), so I'm assuming these parameters are adjusting the sensitivity of the sniff.

For what it's worth, my PAPR report showed 6.98% errors for Baro Alt A. But apparently that was enough for ATC to not trust it!
Old 03-08-2018, 12:37 PM

I had to go to 1450 to get a good report, didn’t change anything else and got “no color” on my report, ie it passed with no problems.
I think I’d call those guys before changing anything, they are easy to get in touch with and very helpful...and it might help them make adjustments to the default settings as it seems many of us have had to make changes.
Tim Andres
Old 03-08-2018, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArVeeNiner View Post
Has anybody had trouble with viewing their uAvionix support tickets? I've been getting emails from them stating that they have commented on my help ticket. They have a link in the email which I click and that takes me to my ticket but I don't see a reply from them. At the bottom there is a button that says "load newer replies" which I click but I still don't see anything. I've logged out and logged back in...nothing. What's the trick here?
Yes me too.
Their website lists an email for support issues now. Looks like they have changed their support system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n18pf View Post
I finally got a chance to get a good test flight in today. Apparently the Echo was causing enough altitude errors that ATC asked me to turn mode C off. After about five minutes I asked if I could turn mode C back to ALT and turn my ADS-B off, which they approved. I had no more problems for the rest of the flight.

I read some people adjusted the Echo parameters to SDA=2 and Transponder Threshold=1450 (I currently have 1 and 1600). Is this reasonable? I'm not sure what these numbers represent, so I hesitate to to just change them randomly! I'm configured to sniff the transponder ("Transponder Monitor"), so I'm assuming these parameters are adjusting the sensitivity of the sniff.

For what it's worth, my PAPR report showed 6.98% errors for Baro Alt A. But apparently that was enough for ATC to not trust it!
On another thread nick from Dallas Avionics said that there was another harness available that allowed hard wire of altitude encoder data to the echouat. I think that would be the best solution.
Old 03-08-2018, 03:42 PM

Default Ran another PAPR, today

I have the uAvionix replacement setup for my NavworxEXP. I "sniff" the G327 using SDA 2, and 1450 for sensitivity. Getting my GPS position from a G56 antenna feeding the Skyfx, output is on a Deltapop UAT blade antenna -- display is on my AFS5600T and my iFly740.

With the latest software upgrades from uAvionix and AFS, I have had not issues with traffic, and have had (2) PAPR reports within the last 6 weeks. Absolutely no issues.

I am confident that the uAvionix folks have done a good job with their Navworx replacement.

Ron
IO360, 180HP/CS, AFS 5600T, D10A, G650, G430, G327, ADS-B, VIZ385 AP
Very Happy Contributor
Comm, SMEL, CFII, A&P
Based at KCLW (Clearwater, FL)
Old 03-09-2018, 01:12 PM

Default Replacement

Love the replacement unit so far, but there's one nagging issue. Whenever I'm near a large, class b airport, I'm getting a constant traffic alert with my own N number displayed. Goes away when away from the large airport. Anybody have this issue or an idea how to fix it?
Old 03-09-2018, 05:22 PM

Default Follow up on Echo configuration

To follow up on my report from yesterday - I changed the "Transponder Threshold" from 1600 to 1450 (didn't change the SDA parameter) and that seems to have fixed it. I contacted the local approach control who had a problem with my altitude yesterday and today they said it was solid.

I just wanted to let everyone know the results of the change!
Old 03-14-2018, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklandaviator View Post
Love the replacement unit so far, but there's one nagging issue. Whenever I'm near a large, class b airport, I'm getting a constant traffic alert with my own N number displayed. Goes away when away from the large airport. Anybody have this issue or an idea how to fix it?
Having same issue. Seems to be intermittent so I suspect it is what is being rebroadcast. I’m displaying on a AFS 4500 and it apparently doesn’t filter own N number. Others have reported as “ghosting”.
N82 Sierra Tango
Avatar courtesy of AircraftStickers.com!
Dues gladly paid thru Nov. 2018(my reminder)
Old 04-01-2018, 10:43 PM

I installed the echoUat and skyfx. I could not get the skyfx to receive a gps signal with at garmin 56. I tried another garmin 56 nothing. Uavionix sent me a portable style test waas antenna and bingo it worked. I installed a new garmin waas GPS antenna and everything is good. How are people getting their garmin 56 antenna to work with the skyfx?