VansAirForceForums  
Home > VansAirForceForums

- POSTING RULES
- Donate yearly (please).
- Advertise in here!

- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

  #191  
Old 02-13-2018, 09:34 AM
ArVeeNiner's Avatar
ArVeeNiner ArVeeNiner is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,093
Default Having trouble with my uAvionnix support ticket

Has anybody had trouble with viewing their uAvionix support tickets? I've been getting emails from them stating that they have commented on my help ticket. They have a link in the email which I click and that takes me to my ticket but I don't see a reply from them. At the bottom there is a button that says "load newer replies" which I click but I still don't see anything. I've logged out and logged back in...nothing. What's the trick here?
__________________
Kelly Johnson
San Jose, CA
RV-9A

Pink slip issued: 5/7/12

First flight: 5/28/12, Memorial Day.

Phase I Complete: 8/18/12!

2018 donation: complete
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 02-25-2018, 04:29 PM
Chippster1 Chippster1 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Marietta, Ga
Posts: 44
Default Thanks Nick!

A Super thanks to a very helpful guy-Nick Cain
Enjoyed talking to you

Ted Chipps
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 03-08-2018, 12:24 PM
n18pf's Avatar
n18pf n18pf is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 40
Default Echo configuration parameters?

I finally got a chance to get a good test flight in today. Apparently the Echo was causing enough altitude errors that ATC asked me to turn mode C off. After about five minutes I asked if I could turn mode C back to ALT and turn my ADS-B off, which they approved. I had no more problems for the rest of the flight.

I read some people adjusted the Echo parameters to SDA=2 and Transponder Threshold=1450 (I currently have 1 and 1600). Is this reasonable? I'm not sure what these numbers represent, so I hesitate to to just change them randomly! I'm configured to sniff the transponder ("Transponder Monitor"), so I'm assuming these parameters are adjusting the sensitivity of the sniff.

For what it's worth, my PAPR report showed 6.98% errors for Baro Alt A. But apparently that was enough for ATC to not trust it!
__________________
Paul A. Fisher
RV-7A N18PF
APRS track
Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 03-08-2018, 12:37 PM
tim2542 tim2542 is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Redding,Ca
Posts: 610
Default

I had to go to 1450 to get a good report, didn’t change anything else and got “no color” on my report, ie it passed with no problems.
I think I’d call those guys before changing anything, they are easy to get in touch with and very helpful...and it might help them make adjustments to the default settings as it seems many of us have had to make changes.
Tim Andres
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 03-08-2018, 12:42 PM
FORANE's Avatar
FORANE FORANE is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: East TN
Posts: 455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArVeeNiner View Post
Has anybody had trouble with viewing their uAvionix support tickets? I've been getting emails from them stating that they have commented on my help ticket. They have a link in the email which I click and that takes me to my ticket but I don't see a reply from them. At the bottom there is a button that says "load newer replies" which I click but I still don't see anything. I've logged out and logged back in...nothing. What's the trick here?
Yes me too.
Their website lists an email for support issues now. Looks like they have changed their support system.



Quote:
Originally Posted by n18pf View Post
I finally got a chance to get a good test flight in today. Apparently the Echo was causing enough altitude errors that ATC asked me to turn mode C off. After about five minutes I asked if I could turn mode C back to ALT and turn my ADS-B off, which they approved. I had no more problems for the rest of the flight.

I read some people adjusted the Echo parameters to SDA=2 and Transponder Threshold=1450 (I currently have 1 and 1600). Is this reasonable? I'm not sure what these numbers represent, so I hesitate to to just change them randomly! I'm configured to sniff the transponder ("Transponder Monitor"), so I'm assuming these parameters are adjusting the sensitivity of the sniff.

For what it's worth, my PAPR report showed 6.98% errors for Baro Alt A. But apparently that was enough for ATC to not trust it!
On another thread nick from Dallas Avionics said that there was another harness available that allowed hard wire of altitude encoder data to the echouat. I think that would be the best solution.
__________________
Lancair 235/320
RV-9A (2013 - 2016)
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 03-08-2018, 03:42 PM
RONSIM's Avatar
RONSIM RONSIM is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Largo, FL
Posts: 837
Default Ran another PAPR, today

I have the uAvionix replacement setup for my NavworxEXP. I "sniff" the G327 using SDA 2, and 1450 for sensitivity. Getting my GPS position from a G56 antenna feeding the Skyfx, output is on a Deltapop UAT blade antenna -- display is on my AFS5600T and my iFly740.

With the latest software upgrades from uAvionix and AFS, I have had not issues with traffic, and have had (2) PAPR reports within the last 6 weeks. Absolutely no issues.

I am confident that the uAvionix folks have done a good job with their Navworx replacement.

Ron
__________________
RV-10 Co-built, maintained, flown (sold)
RV-8A Maintained and flown (Sold)
RV-6A Bought and Flying (N177RV), upgrades $$$
IO360, 180HP/CS, AFS 5600T, D10A, G650, G430, G327, ADS-B, VIZ385 AP
Very Happy Contributor
Comm, SMEL, CFII, A&P
Based at KCLW (Clearwater, FL)
Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 03-09-2018, 01:12 PM
oaklandaviator oaklandaviator is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Somerville, Tn and Little Rock, Ar
Posts: 61
Default Replacement

Love the replacement unit so far, but there's one nagging issue. Whenever I'm near a large, class b airport, I'm getting a constant traffic alert with my own N number displayed. Goes away when away from the large airport. Anybody have this issue or an idea how to fix it?
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 03-09-2018, 05:22 PM
n18pf's Avatar
n18pf n18pf is offline
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 40
Default Follow up on Echo configuration

To follow up on my report from yesterday - I changed the "Transponder Threshold" from 1600 to 1450 (didn't change the SDA parameter) and that seems to have fixed it. I contacted the local approach control who had a problem with my altitude yesterday and today they said it was solid.

I just wanted to let everyone know the results of the change!
__________________
Paul A. Fisher
RV-7A N18PF
APRS track
Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 03-14-2018, 09:18 PM
Blain's Avatar
Blain Blain is online now
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 650
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklandaviator View Post
Love the replacement unit so far, but there's one nagging issue. Whenever I'm near a large, class b airport, I'm getting a constant traffic alert with my own N number displayed. Goes away when away from the large airport. Anybody have this issue or an idea how to fix it?
Having same issue. Seems to be intermittent so I suspect it is what is being rebroadcast. I’m displaying on a AFS 4500 and it apparently doesn’t filter own N number. Others have reported as “ghosting”.
__________________
Blain
R-22 sold.
RV-8 AW Cert 02-09-17
N82 Sierra Tango
Avatar courtesy of AircraftStickers.com!
Dues gladly paid thru Nov. 2018(my reminder)
.
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 04-01-2018, 10:43 PM
wnplt wnplt is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 26
Default

I installed the echoUat and skyfx. I could not get the skyfx to receive a gps signal with at garmin 56. I tried another garmin 56 nothing. Uavionix sent me a portable style test waas antenna and bingo it worked. I installed a new garmin waas GPS antenna and everything is good. How are people getting their garmin 56 antenna to work with the skyfx?
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:05 PM.


The VAFForums come to you courtesy Delta Romeo, LLC. By viewing and participating in them you agree to build your plane using standardized methods and practices and to fly it safely and in accordance with the laws governing the country you are located in.